Help quick, difference between pumps? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Help quick, difference between pumps?

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-03-2013, 07:17 PM   #1
spottedfrog
1979 CJ5 

Help quick, difference between pumps?

I have a new engine going into my CJ soon. The block is an '80 258.

My current block is a '79. I planned on using all accessories and pulleys from my old engine on the new.

BUT I'm finding the part numbers for the water pump are different between the two years.
What EXACTLY is the difference.
can I get way with using a '79 pump on the '80 block? I ask because I have a new '79 pump.

P.S. My Power steering is from an '80

Thanks

spottedfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 09:38 AM   #2
spottedfrog
1979 CJ5 

bump
spottedfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2013, 01:53 PM   #3
LumpyGrits
1985 CJ7 

There are 2 different WP's for the late model 258's.
One rotates opposite of each other. The reverse rotation pump is used with the serpentine belt 258's
You may need to go to your parts house and look at them BOTH. To see the diff between the 2 yrs.
LG
LumpyGrits is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.