Help with my 1982 CJ7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Help with my 1982 CJ7

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDJK Front 3 Link Prototype - Clayton Off Road

Unread 04-02-2010, 07:55 AM   #1
CJDevin
1982 CJ7 

Help with my 1982 CJ7

Hello all, I'm new to the forum here, so please bear with me. I recently bought a 1982 CJ7 Renegade. Other than the fact that it needs a new paint job, it is straight as an arrow, no rust, runs like a dream- I am so pleased with it. However, I need some help. I'm trying to go factory with my paint job. The jeep is red, and the Renegade logo and pinstripes are orange. Now, the fiberglass topper of my jeep is black on the outside, but white on the inside. The exterior "stickers", surrounding the door handles, on both doors are black as well, matching the topper. Now, I can't imagine any factory topper was one color on the outside and a different color on the inside. Anybody know if the black topper was factory, or if the previous owner of my jeep just painted it black? Thanks guys.

CJDevin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2010, 08:04 AM   #2
nitor
1985 CJ7 

I believe all factory CJ fiberglass tops were white on the inside regardless of the color on the outside.

Jim

1985 CJ7
nitor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2010, 08:06 AM   #3
GP_Pete
1986 CJ7 

Mine is a factory hard top - black on the outside, white on the inside. There weren't a whole lot of choices for hard top colors back then. Black, Tan, and White I believe, all with white interiors.

You can certainly paint the inside to match if you like.
GP_Pete is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2010, 08:08 AM   #4
buzzbrick
1986 CJ7 

Every Jeep top (including newer ones) I've ever seen was white on the inside. Mine is spice outside, white inside. Sounds like it came from the factory that way.
buzzbrick is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2010, 08:08 AM   #5
CJDevin
1982 CJ7 

Oh wow, I had no idea. Thanks guys. I want it to be factory, but in my limited knowledge I was thinking they were all one color- probably stemming from the fact that basically all I've ever seen were white toppers. Thanks again.
Unread 04-02-2010, 08:09 AM   #6
CJDevin
1982 CJ7 

Thanks a bunch guys, helped out a lot.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.