Help me with my '76 CJ7 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Help me with my '76 CJ7

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 03-14-2010, 11:39 PM   #1
bhodges499
1976 CJ7 

Help me with my '76 CJ7

I have had this buggy for about 4 years now. It has usually run, but never run great. I have sunk about $2,000 in it since I bought it and can't seem to get it running good and reliable. Not looking to make this thing a rock crawler or mud buggy, just a good hunting jeep that wont get stuck in minimal mud. Here are the specs:

1976 CJ7 Jeep -

Not running right now. Needs new ignition switch and brakes. Not street legal. Carbeurator needs rebuilt or replaced because it runs real rich.

Leaf over lift with 35 in. tires
Original ffront and rear end as far as I can tell
Camo Bed Liner Inside and Out
304 V8
Rebuilt automatic transmission 5/15/07
Missing Front Drive Shaft, but transfer case works. Will probably need new hubs.
New Battery Installed 2/23/09
New Fuel Line Installed 2/23/09
New Starter Installed 2/23/09

I live near Ft. Worth, TX and would be willing to pay somebody who knows what they are doing to work on it. I can trailer it to you. Let me know if you are intersted or if you have ideas for me. Thanks.

bhodges499 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
axle , brakes , cj7 , ignition switch , mechanic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.