Help me identify what I got! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Help me identify what I got!

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 11-03-2013, 10:42 PM   #31
Spieg8
1984 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by epwildcat View Post
How come it won't turn all the way to the stop? Can I adjust that cross bar (name??) any to help?
Gave you a couple things to check in post #28. And there are two "cross bar" things; one is called a drag link (between steering gear box Pitman arm and the passenger wheel steering arm), the other is a tie rod (goes the full length of the axle between passenger side steering arm and the driver side steering arm). You may need to adjust the drag link, but I doubt you need to do anything to the tie rod (tie rod is used to set alignment toe-in/ toe-out).

Also, when the Jeep is steering straight ahead, get out look to see if the pitman arm is pointing directly rearward. If it's slightly left or right, it will limit turning in one direction. This is usually adjusted with the drag link, but can also indicate an indexing error with the gear box/pitman arm.

Spieg8 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2013, 10:14 AM   #32
epwildcat
1981 CJ7 

Gotcha, I'll go back and look at that post as well...I guess I missed it, cause I'm not gonna pass on any advice! Thanks Spieg8.
epwildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2013, 10:50 AM   #33
fuquayjeep

Does anyone know what kind of engine this jeep has??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131037460819...0819&viewitem=
cj7-engine.jpg  
fuquayjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-04-2013, 10:57 PM   #34
jrussblues
1985 CJ7 

Straight 6
jrussblues is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.