Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Help me identify this Jeep CJ Steering wheel, Please.

3K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  weapon 
#1 ·
I got some parts lying around and I don't know what year of jeep this steering wheel came from. The center cap is hard plastic.

A little help. Thanks.

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Standard 80's base model plastic steering wheel. Renegades and Laredos had nicer steering wheels.

Prior to that was a plastic 2 spoke wheel for the 70's.

Sent from my CJ7 using JeepForum

#8 ·
rusty86 said:
I have an 86 with all the renegade options (there seems to be some confusion what exactly a renegade package is), with that basic steering wheel. Mine is not a base model since i have power brakes, power steering, 20 gal ful tank, tilt steering wheel..etc.
All the options you listed could be bought on any model CJ. They were also not standard on any Renegade or Laredo model either. Renegade package would have the "sport" steering wheel.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

#13 ·
LOL, that first one does look a little small but if you have long arms, and want divots in your forehead after an immediate cease of motion that second one is by far the best option

#14 ·
Looks just like the steering wheel on my 1983 CJ5 base model, only cleaner.... God bless.
Jon In Tucson

#17 ·
One can dream. But you never know with ebay. I have seen some crazy auctions on parts. Like I said the horn innards alone sell for $25 regularly. Old parts money just funnel into new parts for the jeep rebuild. Unfortunately I don't have enough old parts to keep up with money going out. ha.

#21 ·
I offered it up on the thread to the members of the board but Johns comment made me question if I would get what i was asking. Haha. So I tossed it up on ebay just to check if my pricing was too high, guess it was just right or too low.

I would have gladly sold it to anyone here. I always want to help out the forum members more than make a couple of extra bucks but the bid is in and I can't retract that auction on principal.

So bid if you want. It really is a nice wheel. Trust me, 30 day return on ebay purchases from my store (I deal mostly in PNW Rock n Roll posters not Jeep parts).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.