Help with identifying carb - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Help with identifying carb

Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight AssembliesJeep Wrangler Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontPremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 05-04-2010, 08:15 AM   #1
Dborns
1983 CJ7 

Help with identifying carb

I'd like to learn how to adjust the carb I have instead of paying someone to do it, I just don't know how to do it. Its used, but after cleaning it good, it fired up right away. I'm planning on a rebuild in the future, but would like to "fine tune" it right now. Can someone take a look at the pics and tell me what it is? It is stamped "Motorcraft", but I don't see any other info on it.
Also, any advice on how to tune it up would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Dborns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2010, 08:36 AM   #2
scrapman
1984 CJ7 

I beleive that is a motorcraft 2100, used on many small block fords. I had one that looked exactly like that on my 65 mustang that had a 289 in it. They are simple and easy to work on.
scrapman is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.