Help identifing an engine. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Help identifing an engine.

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 08-13-2010, 06:55 PM   #1
jl_am
1977 CJ5 

Help identifing an engine.

Hello:
I recently got an 1977 Cj5, 3 speed manual transmission and I've been trying to find what engine does it have, its a Mexican jeep so the VIN code that comes with it doesn't match the ones provided by Decoding Jeep CJ VIN Numbers
or any other web-page I've searched. The jeep has a plate that says that is made in Mexico for VAM and its VIN is: 7J6A11609 also the engine has the number 201448 stamped on it.

here are some pictures but i am new to the forum so i don't know if they will show.

Any help will be appreciated.

jl_am is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-15-2010, 03:57 PM   #2
Pathkiller
1974 CJ5 

VAM Jeeps had a 282 cubic inch engine based on the AMC 258 with a larger bore: VehÝculos Automotores Mexicanos - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Pathkiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cj5 , engine , identify

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.