Help with hei please! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Help with hei please!

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Unread 04-22-2013, 06:10 PM   #1
firemanjim7
1983 CJ7 

Help with hei please!

Well I change my dizzy over to CRT hei. I thought I did everything per the instructions. It started up sounded like a tractor running so I checked spark at every plug, got it. So I decided to kill it and it kept running WTF! So I pulled the pink batt wire and it died. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

firemanjim7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 06:45 PM   #2
jeepwhore
Hair puller xtraordinaire

1984 CJ7 

Is your hei power coming through a relay? If you've wired the hei exactly as instructed then you may need to add a diode to the alternator wire as it may be back feeding the ignition.
'84 CJ-7: Yota axles (spartan locked front, e-locked rear) 4" BDS, 1" Daystar & 3/8" shackle lifts, 35" X-Terrains on steelies, YJ Tub & family roll bar, heater blower upgrade, 4.2L w/MC2100 & Team Rush, Warn 8274. Rebuilt 4.2/4.0 hybrid, AX15 and twin sticks/clocking ring waiting to go in.

The advertised position for a topless, dirty jeep girl has been filled......by my wife. Thanks to all that applied.
<------------and yes, that is her.
:-D
jeepwhore is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2013, 06:48 PM   #3
firemanjim7
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwhore
Is your hei power coming through a relay? If you've wired the hei exactly as instructed then you may need to add a diode to the alternator wire as it may be back feeding the ignition.
I'm through a relay. I'll check right quick.

Unread 04-22-2013, 06:52 PM   #4
firemanjim7
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwhore
That was it thanks. Btw it was way retard that's why it sounded like a tractor.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.