Help with hei please! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Help with hei please!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 04-22-2013, 06:10 PM   #1
firemanjim7
1983 CJ7 

Help with hei please!

Well I change my dizzy over to CRT hei. I thought I did everything per the instructions. It started up sounded like a tractor running so I checked spark at every plug, got it. So I decided to kill it and it kept running WTF! So I pulled the pink batt wire and it died. Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

firemanjim7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2013, 06:45 PM   #2
jeepwhore
Hair puller xtraordinaire

1984 CJ7 

Is your hei power coming through a relay? If you've wired the hei exactly as instructed then you may need to add a diode to the alternator wire as it may be back feeding the ignition.
'84 CJ-7: Yota axles (spartan locked front, e-locked rear) 4" BDS, 1" Daystar & 3/8" shackle lifts, 35" X-Terrains on steelies, YJ Tub & family roll bar, heater blower upgrade, 4.2L w/MC2100 & Team Rush, Warn 8274. Rebuilt 4.2/4.0 hybrid, AX15 and twin sticks/clocking ring waiting to go in.

The advertised position for a topless, dirty jeep girl has been filled......by my wife. Thanks to all that applied.
<------------and yes, that is her.
:-D
jeepwhore is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2013, 06:48 PM   #3
firemanjim7
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwhore
Is your hei power coming through a relay? If you've wired the hei exactly as instructed then you may need to add a diode to the alternator wire as it may be back feeding the ignition.
I'm through a relay. I'll check right quick.

Unread 04-22-2013, 06:52 PM   #4
firemanjim7
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepwhore
That was it thanks. Btw it was way retard that's why it sounded like a tractor.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.