Help with front left signal lamp!!! (84 CJ7) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Help with front left signal lamp!!! (84 CJ7)

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 01-10-2002, 08:32 PM   #1
AeroViper1

Help with front left signal lamp!!! (84 CJ7)

I can't figure out what's going on...here's the situation; Just put a Centech wiring harness on my 84 CJ7...Everything is working great...but my left blinker won't blink. The rear blinker blinks and the parking light works in the front but when signaling it won't come on...I've checked the plug with a meter for power and it is deffinatly sending the signal to blink...not the bulb, not the light fixture, I switched it with the right side one that was working fine and it worked on the right side but the left still didn't work...HELP

AeroViper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2002, 02:35 AM   #2
JIM79CJ7

Got Ground ? -

Custom Stuff--- [URL=http://www.JCfabanddesign.com]JC Fab & Design[/URL]
ORANGE JEEP CLUB
MEMBER # 1

1979 CJ7 / 304 /T 150 /HUGGER ORANGE PAINT JOB/ Lots of cool stuff
2003 Inca Gold Rubicon , <------ Sissy jeep :)
JIM79CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2002, 05:57 AM   #3
Bulletproofcj7

I put a centech harness in my cj7,they have a great tech support dept. they can answer any questions you have and they will walk you through it.
1982 cj7. Frame off. shell valley kevlar body, stainless hinges, Bestop seats and supertop, KC titanium lights, Homemade swing out tire carrier with spare front wheel bearings/hub, Built 304,DUI,Edelbrock shorty headers with dual stainless 21/2 tubes into incynerator cans 21/4 dumped out the back,Edelbrock 600cfm, performer intake and cam, Borgeson lower column, Centerforce clutch, NV-4500, Dana 300 w/custom built twin stick, Homade 1/4" steel skid plate, 2.5 soft ride w/ 1" shackle lift, 33x12.5 mtr's. Stainless fuel and brake lines, Braided hoses. more...
Bulletproofcj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2002, 07:24 PM   #4
AeroViper1

I don't know how I could ground it any better than I am...Centech does have a good Tech dept....But they didn't know on this one...not a single person knows how to fix this problem.
Unread 01-28-2002, 11:56 AM   #5
Jeep Daddy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Please let me know when you find out. I've got the same issue with the left rear turn signal/brake light. Good wire to fuse block and bulb good. I've ordered a new turn signal switch because in the diagram that seems to be the only place that it's not making contact. The turn signal flasher works, the front signals works - I know that my ground sucks, but I'm going to install new battery cables with a ground strap soon.
Unread 01-28-2002, 08:21 PM   #6
dirtystyle

um ,,,,,, buy a multi meter you need power and ground start at fixture and work your way in
Unread 01-29-2002, 05:12 PM   #7
AeroViper1

I honestly have no clue...when I probed it with the Multi-meter...it was fine...when I connected it, the current went from up,down,up,down to a constant 12v. I have no idea what happened but it fixed itself...make sure you probe it and find a good ground...I still don't know what was wrong with mine but if I ever find out i'll let you know
Unread 01-30-2002, 10:48 AM   #8
Dustin Maschino

You could always run a wire from your tail light up to the front and it'd work ok, but it'd also come on evertime you hit the brakes...
Dustin Maschino is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-30-2002, 11:41 AM   #9
Jeep Daddy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

It so happens that the brake light on the left rear also does not work. They use the same fillament in the bulb - I believe. I'm going to try applying 12V to the wire and see if it lights the bulb. If it does, then the problem will be somewhere under the dash, on up to the column or turn signal switch.
Unread 02-12-2002, 10:27 AM   #10
Jeep Daddy
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I found my problem. One wire on the turn signal switch was modified by PO who didn't know what the heck he was doing. I guess he tried to use this wire to tap into the lights for towing purposes. I soldered the wire back the way it should be, sprayed some WD40 on the turn signal switch, blew it all off good with air and it all works perfect now.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.