Help with diagnosis please! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Help with diagnosis please!

Jeep Liberty Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontSAVE BIG: Christmas in July Sale!Jeep Liberty Window Regulator

Unread 07-14-2003, 11:02 AM   #1
MR.CJ-7

Help with diagnosis please!

Hello board,

I would like to ask all of you for your help so that I can correctly diagnose and repair my CJ. Over the weekend I was out wheeling a trail and after getting over a fairly difficult obstacle I was driving along a flat stretch of road at about 1100 rpm when the Jeep just died. I thought it was fuel related as I just had to put on a new carb the week before. I checked and wasn't getting any fuel to the carb so I then checked the pump for output and nothing came out when cranking. I looked to make sure I hadn't torn off a fuel line, but all was well. then I popped the distributor cap and cranked it while looking at the rotor. The rotor wasn't turing when I was cranking it over. I am thinking it is a broken timing chain. Do you agree? If not what else should I check?

Oh and winching down difficult stuff in 100 degree heat isn't very fun, but I guess it's better than having to winch up

Thanks and Happy Jeeping!

Unread 07-14-2003, 11:19 AM   #2
MudLover

Sounds like your timing chain to me. You could have also blown your whole cam-shaft..... but that's next to imposible.

Marc
[B][COLOR=darkred]Red Jeep Club Member #2[/COLOR][/B]
MudLover is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.