HELP!! bolt on power steering - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > HELP!! bolt on power steering

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 10-13-2002, 10:13 PM   #1
scottahicks

HELP!! bolt on power steering

ok heres the deal, I have an 80 cj5 with a 304 V8 and I just got in all my parts---used to convert to power steering however I did not get any bolts with the pump bracket to bolt to the engine so are the existing bolts on the engine long enough and has anyone had to bolt on on b4?? I know how to hook up the system and my engine already has the right pully on the engine but I dont know what to do about the bracket PLEASE HELP!!

1980 CJ5, 304 V8, flat top pistons, rv cam, quadra-jet carb, edelbrock intake, hooker headers, Purple Hornies 3" header glasspacks, Solid Driveshaft, t-176 manual 4speed, 3" body lift, 1foot extended front bumper for wrecker winch "no winch yet" 33X12.5X15 Wild Country XRT's on chrome wagon wheels, custom spray paint job, lots of rust, dents, oh and a driver that treats it like a jeep "screw the paint I can make it!" Daily Driven!!!!! Green Jeep Club member #37 Flamed Jeep Club member #1 and President
scottahicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-13-2002, 10:54 PM   #2
CSP

Did you even consider just trying it? Unbolt the existing bolts and give it a try. If they're not long enough measure what the existing bolts are and get longer ones at the hardware store. You're not going to hurt anything. What have you got to lose?

Last edited by CSP; 10-13-2002 at 11:22 PM..
CSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2002, 10:10 AM   #3
scottahicks

yes of course I had though of doing it that way but I figured with a forum that has 7,372 members someone that has done it befor might have a little more insight and may be able to tell me the awnser to the question I asked. I am just trying to save myself time and headache because it allways seems to rain at the most inopertune times here in georgiaand I dont have a garage so I wanted so save a little of the headache but thanks for the idea anyway

1980 CJ5, 304 V8, flat top pistons, rv cam, quadra-jet carb, edelbrock intake, hooker headers, Purple Hornies 3" header glasspacks, Solid Driveshaft, t-176 manual 4speed, 3" body lift, 1foot extended front bumper for wrecker winch "no winch yet" 33X12.5X15 Wild Country XRT's on chrome wagon wheels, custom spray paint job, lots of rust, dents, oh and a driver that treats it like a jeep "screw the paint I can make it!" Daily Driven!!!!! Green Jeep Club member #37 Flamed Jeep Club member #1 and President
scottahicks is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.