Help on 77 CJ7; I'm looking to replace original fuel filler tube but can't find one - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Help on 77 CJ7; I'm looking to replace original fuel filler tube but can't find one

All Bilstein shocks & struts - Lowest Prices Ever and Santa Kolak Announces: Kolak Exhaust 20% Off Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-12-2010, 02:37 AM   #1
code3_cowboy

Help on 77 CJ7; I'm looking to replace original fuel filler tube but can't find one

Hey y'all, I'm rebuilding a 1977 CJ7 with a 304. I'm looking to replace the original fuel filler tube but can't find one anywhere. Nobody has one or makes one that I can find. Even the Jeep recycle yards and suppliers (even 4wheelparts) doesn't have this thing. Can anyone help? Thanks. Here or my email at code3_cowboy@yahoo.com.

code3_cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2010, 07:25 AM   #2
h2ojeep
1978 CJ7 

Find it here:

Find your tank first by year and look to the right for components.

CJFN-2 or CJFH-3 are the two they offer for that year model.

MTS COMPANY, L.C. - Jeep fuel tanks
h2ojeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2010, 09:14 PM   #3
code3_cowboy

DUDE!! That's awesome. I think that's the one. I gotta get back to my little girl and see what she's got there (been awhile since I've seen her--divorce, work, etc.), but man I think you've found it. Thank you so much.
Unread 07-12-2010, 09:56 PM   #4
82JeepCJ7
1982 CJ7 

Also check Jeep Parts, Jeep Accessories, & Jeep Tops
82JeepCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-12-2010, 11:01 PM   #5
h2ojeep
1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by code3_cowboy View Post
DUDE!! That's awesome. I think that's the one. I gotta get back to my little girl and see what she's got there (been awhile since I've seen her--divorce, work, etc.), but man I think you've found it. Thank you so much.
Your Welcome.
This is why this forum is a great place, some really good talent and experience.. Plenty of folks to help (and sometime get on your case).

I have got a lot of good information for repairs and upgrades. Learn to use your search feature, and I just read most of the current posts and learn something new all the time.

Welcome to the Forum, good luck on your project.
h2ojeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2010, 01:21 AM   #6
scorpion26
1977 CJ7 

My understanding is that they changed the fuel tank/ filler from '76 to '77 and again in '78 so '77 was an odd ball year.

I ran into the same problem you had when I replaced my fuel tank, luckily we were able to extend my filler tube and it worked fine. When I replaced my passengers rear corner panel, I ran into another problem. My stock filler protector was round and in a slightly different position than what was on the new panel with the square filler protector. I have it a bit rigged right now but it works, I just can't put the skid plate/ cover/ protector on right now. I still need to go back and figure it out...

old: (I no longer have that bumper, FYI)

New:
scorpion26 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-13-2010, 02:28 PM   #7
code3_cowboy

Man, that looks familiar! Oh, I guess it's a Jeep too Hey I have the same issue. I tried to fab one up from some fuel tubing and using bent pipe, it was close but didn't work right either. I'm unfortunatley in Calif. and I gotta smog the damn thing when I get it running. Part of that is a pressure test on the fuel tank and system so It's gotta hold. My fix didn't. Anyway, thanks again for the help and I'll do like you said and try to get on and learn from the other guys.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.