Help! 258 firng order? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Help! 258 firng order?

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 06-15-2002, 03:16 AM   #1
johndeergreen

Help! 258 firng order?

Hey there. This would probably be much easier if I had a book, however, I've got the firing order for the 258, it's 153624, but which cylinder is which. I'd assume that the most front cylinder is #1, then going toward the firewall: #2, then #3...etc. Am I wrong in assuming this? Having trouble getting jeep to fire. Help!

thx

johndeergreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2002, 03:05 PM   #2
Boggy Bottom

You are correct on the 258 cylinder order. You MAY need to get a book to determine which distributor you have. There were a couple different caps and distributors those years. Look close at the cap, though. It might have a "1" stamped on the #1 cylinder wire connection.

Just break down and get a book. Best friend you'll have when working on your rig.
Unread 06-15-2002, 03:48 PM   #3
Gemelos
1976 CJ7 

your right on the firing order.n1 is the one at the fan , n6 is the one at the firewall.
Gemelos is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.