Help!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Help!!

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 04-14-2002, 01:35 PM   #1
johnnyamc

Help!!

Help!! I blew the 304 in my 78 cj7 Thursday and plan to build either it or a 360 to go in it and would like to put pistons out of something else in it what will hook up? Thanks in advance

Unread 04-14-2002, 06:55 PM   #2
4wheeler4CJ

Hi Johnny,

I left you a reply in the Engines section in your other post.
4wheeler4CJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2002, 11:21 PM   #3
rick_the_jeepman

Dude,,
Just replace the pistons with factory replacement parts, I blew mine and had it bored .030 over and the thing has more power than the jeep needs. I even replaced the factory 2bbl carb. in sand or mud all I do is spin, The more horsepower the more tire spin you will have. A 6 cyl is a lot better though. A 6 cyl has the torque that a V-8 just cant find. But we still need to have fun huh, That is why I kept the 304.
rick_the_jeepman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-18-2002, 12:22 PM   #4
4wheeler4CJ

By the way, the V8 has more torque than the 6 cylinder, under stock specs.

With modifications, much can be done to improve either engine, but as it stands, the V8 has more HP and Torque.
4wheeler4CJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.