Hello - new Jeep owner here! - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 04-20-2017, 09:18 AM Thread Starter
Sohwhat
1977 CJ7 

Cj Hello - new Jeep owner here!

Good morning all.

Just purchased my first Jeep, a 1977 CJ7 and was interested in recommend online place to purchase parts and pieces.

It's 95% stock and as of right now I intend on mostly leaving that way...

Anyway thanks for the help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-20-2017, 09:58 AM
Whiteheadbryan
1984 CJ7 

Welcome. It really depends on what you are looking to buy. Much of what you need to keep it running can be bought at your local parts store.

1984 CJ7 Laredo
Team Rush Upgrade
post #3 of 6 Old 04-20-2017, 11:28 AM
STJP
Web Wheeler

1985 CJ7 

www.morris4x4center.com

www.quadratec.com

www.4WD.com

Welcome,

Online companies above are good place to start.

Use Google to search this forum e.g. "Jeep cj7 wheel bearings JeepForum"
instead of the Forum's search function.

JS

post #4 of 6 Old 04-20-2017, 05:02 PM
bob4703
1974 CJ5 

Welcome!

Although I've used the online vendors a great deal i have found that most of what I need to keep our Jeep going I can buy at the local parts stores. You'll be surprised what they have on hand although I often have to wait for them to ship parts to the store, but usually that means the same day or the next day from a local warehouse. The advantage of shopping locally is that I can compare the old and new parts side by side and ensure that I have the same part. If you develop a relationship with the folks working there they will go out of their way to find the hard to find part for you.

I also have developed a relationship with a couple of salvage yards one of which has nothing but Jeeps.

Good luck!

-----

Paved roads are prime examples of government over spending!
post #5 of 6 Old 04-20-2017, 08:31 PM
WireEd
1979 CJ5 

Garage
Congrats on your jeep!! Welcome to the forum. The above listed websites work plus add jcwhitney and jeggs along with rockauto.com don't forget Craigslist as well as your local junkyards (as previously mentioned) for those hard to get parts. Folks here can also direct you if you need too. Lots of good advice!! And parts too!!
post #6 of 6 Old 04-21-2017, 10:43 AM
kconnor123
1978 CJ7 

I like the local parts supplier for run of the mill parts. For more specialty replacement or restoration parts i go with online guys. Napa seems to be my go to. I went through 3 alternators until i found the right delco that fit the stock bracket. after the second i just brought the entire bracket in, gave it to them and they found the right one and called. This all took only 2 days. Online can't do that, it would have been 2 days till the first one shipped here. Plus some of this stuff requires a core, so its easier to guy it locally.

1978 CJ7 I6, 2.5" dik cepek spring lift, 0.5" shackle lift, Cooper Discoverer S/T 33's, 1.25" Wheel Spacers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Whats Next: Wide track swap, winch, new seats, eventually a 4.0 mpi swap from a 90's cherokee or wrangler.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.