Heater relay - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Heater relay

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 08-26-2013, 03:25 PM   #1
wsmutch
1986 CJ7 

Heater relay

My heater is not working. I pulled the heater relay from the heater box of my 86 CJ-7. Its located in front of the passenger side, just to the right of the vent. It is a flat piece about 1X2 1/2 inches and mounts with two screws. It has two springs on the back. It uses a three prong connector and looks like something out of the nineteen thirty's. Anyway, mine is all corroded, so I took it to my parts store. They looked it up and said they can't get one. Then they gave me the advice I love soooo much. "Just got to the local junk yard and get one." Sure, my local wrecking yards have 5 or 6 CJ-7 just loaded with rare mint condition parts. Surly one of you guys has figured out a way to replace this. Any tips?

wsmutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-26-2013, 07:25 PM   #2
wsmutch
1986 CJ7 

Its not a relay, its a resistor. I hate it when my mental dyslexia kicks in.
wsmutch is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.