headlight mods - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > headlight mods

USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Bill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-14-2011, 11:10 PM   #31
Cutlass327
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ5 

Where did you find those pigtails?

1978 CJ5 258/T177/D300, '86 D30/D44 WT axles, 'glass tub windshield frame, and fenders, 31x10.5 BFG A/T, TDK galv'd frame - DD and weekend toy

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ri...8-cj5-1223197/
Cutlass327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 04:50 PM   #32
Mike Romain
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danattherock View Post
Thanks man. I appreciate the rationale for relays. Honestly, don't know much about wiring and find the project a bit intimidating. Sounds like a worthwhile upgrade though. I would love to have some brighter lights on my Jeep, if nothing else to reduce the likely hood of hitting a deer and such on the country roads near home.

-Dan
I have done a couple vehicles in the last couple weeks and it is less than an hour to do for me anyway.

I bought the relays and the pigtails for the relays at a local auto parts store along with an inline fuse holder and double walled waterproof heatshrink tubing because I solder my connections. Crimp connectors will work too but... They even sell crimp connectors that have their own heat shrink tubing these days, I just live in the rust belt so dislike crimps.

You just have to cut the one wire to the headlights and use the end from the switch to trigger the relay so the relay feeds the other end direct fused power. Take your time and it's not hard to do.
Some Canadian Bush Jeep Runs and Build Photos: http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfly.com (10 new albums added Sept 16/10)
Mike Romain is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-15-2011, 07:17 PM   #33
maxamillion
78 CJ7 AMC 304

1978 CJ7 

http://www.quadratec.com/products/97018_2430.htm

Ok so found these at quadratec going to call tomorrow to see if this would be the right upgrade for the old wiring i have in the jeep.
51576-lg.jpg  
maxamillion is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
headlight , headlight upgrade , led , wiring

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.