Headlight Bucket Repair ????? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Headlight Bucket Repair ?????

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 07-13-2013, 08:50 PM   #31
LeePrather
1978 CJ5 

I used a tap and cut threads and put bolts in my headlight adjustment sleeves

LeePrather is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 07:05 AM   #32
keith460
Jeep. There's Only One

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKCJ View Post
Hello Keith, I noticed your nice shiny red grill. I took a trip through your rebuild the other day and "wow" what an awesome job you did. I'm glad it didn't take me four years to read through all of it. I would appreciate having the opportunity to pick your brain from time to time here in the near future. I plan on starting mine in the next couple of weeks.

Lance

No problem with that. That is what the Jeepforum.com is all about.

Restoration Thread:http://www.jeepsunlimited.com/forums...d.php?t=434226
keith460 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 07:20 AM   #33
MSBXCJ
1982 CJ7 

I love this forum :-) I had this same issue come up last week on my CJ. I had no idea what kind of part that was that broke. Thanks everyone for posting about this, i just ordered parts from the ebay link :-)
MSBXCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 11:30 AM   #34
jsthompson
1979 CJ7 

I had several of the plastic adjusters that were stripped out.... and one was actually cracked as well.

Used zipties to fix...

On the cracked one I glued it back together and then put a ziptie around the perimeter for strength.

On the ones that were stripped out. I used the smallest little 3" zipties I could find. Run one ziptie down through the center... out the back... and then up to the front again. Tighten is down. The ziptie gives the screw a new surface to bite into... just like it was threaded. Now the screws fit tighter and adjust perfectly. Large zipties wont work because the are too thick.

Since I am dealing with 34yr old plastic, I went ahead and put zipties around all of the perimeters for strength... to hopefully prevent future issues.

Simple and takes only a few minutes to do.
'79 CJ7, stock 304v8, T150 3spd, Dana 30, AMC 20, Dana 20 T/C, Flowmaster 40 dual exhaust, 4"spring lift, 1-3/8"shackles, 35x12.50 Toyo A/T, 15x10 M/T Sidebitters, rear 1pc axles, Warn front bumper w/VR8000, custom 5" tube rear bumper, nerf bars, Tuffy (console, glove box, side rear speaker/storage boxes), new dash panel and Autometer gauges
jsthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 11:46 AM   #35
imafishingfred

1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsthompson View Post
I had several of the plastic adjusters that were stripped out.... and one was actually cracked as well.

Used zipties to fix...

On the cracked one I glued it back together and then put a ziptie around the perimeter for strength.

On the ones that were stripped out. I used the smallest little 3" zipties I could find. Run one ziptie down through the center... out the back... and then up to the front again. Tighten is down. The ziptie gives the screw a new surface to bite into... just like it was threaded. Now the screws fit tighter and adjust perfectly. Large zipties wont work because the are too thick.

Since I am dealing with 34yr old plastic, I went ahead and put zipties around all of the perimeters for strength... to hopefully prevent future issues.

Simple and takes only a few minutes to do.
Kinda like what we did at Blue Bird when we would strip a screw hole out. Put a piece of welding wire (.035) in the hole to tighten it up.
imafishingfred is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.