headers,weber carb, and paint - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > headers,weber carb, and paint

Oconee Off-Road Now Offering Zone Off-Road Products!!!RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 01-25-2002, 01:28 PM   #1
jeepster18_88

headers,weber carb, and paint

I have an 85 cj7 w/258 and t-5. I need a little more power at highway speeds and was wondering if headers will actually make a noticable difference. Also I would like to know what the cfm of the carter BBD is. Does the Weber 32/36 give more power while improving mpg like they claim? How much does the 38/38 affect the gas mileage? For anyone looking for rust protection, I have found a primer that is unbelievable. It is made by Rust-Oleum and is sold at Wal-Mart. It is called rusty metal primer and is a rusty brown color. I have used it on my 4-wheeler, tractor, and am now starting on my Jeep. I have never had a primer without a topcoat protect so well. It is also easier to apply and topcoat for me. For those wanting to detail all the small parts on their Jeep, get a Dremel or similar rotaty tool for the hard to get sandpaper to areas. It will save you some time and skin on your fingertips. Good Luck

Unread 01-25-2002, 01:54 PM   #2
jeepster18_88

Also, does anyone know of a carb that will work with stock air filter assembly? Will the weber start as good in cold weather without the hot air from stock assembly? Thanks.
Unread 01-25-2002, 03:54 PM   #3
Brendan

I'm running the 32/36 weber on my yj, and it works well all the time. It provides such good gas flow, that I need to bump up my ignition system. I never had the hot air induction hooked up, so I can't compare.

95 YJ 2.5L 5 Speed

Fightin a war against Florida Rust!
Brendan is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.