Header for 258 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Header for 258

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-16-2003, 02:40 PM   #1
ImNotRyan

Header for 258

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/imnotryan/Jeep/Image8.jpg

Thats a link to a picture of my engine bay, go for it!

My exhaust manifold is cracked and since Hedman header is virtually less expensive than a replacement manifold...... My only question is those bolts/washers that hold the I/E manifolds on... Once the exhaust is replaced by a header, and the washer holding the intake on will no longer brace itself on the exhaust manifold, will it bend or warp? i would imagine as your tightening it the washer will angle, and further tightening might bend the washer to the point where it cannot effectively hold the intake on before the bolt is even tightened all the way!

Also... seeing as it is these bolts/washers that held the exhaust manifold on before, what will hold the header on? the holes are all still occupied holding the intake on... I would assume Hedman or whomever would send with it a mounting kit or something to make sure you get it on, but in about 8 years i've never encountered such professionalism with aftermarket companies!

Unread 03-17-2003, 01:50 PM   #2
kev1

I just bought a DynoMax header for my 258. I am in the process of doing a full rebuild on a 1980 CJ7 and have everything a part. However, I have held my new headers up to the new long block and it is very apparent that these headers will be held on by the same washers that held on the exhaust and intake manifolds. They line up just like the exhaust mainfold did.

I hope this helps.

http://www.eacci.com/framelift.gif

Frame painted with a Rough Country 2.5" lift and shocks installed.
Alot of money spent on parts that are all over including a new 258.
kev1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-22-2003, 12:02 AM   #3
rok_toy

I had the same wrped exhaust manifold problem. I put on a 'pacesetter' hedder( cheapest I could find), and five months later no leaks. I used the stock washers, and have had no problems.
Unread 03-22-2003, 10:58 PM   #4
ImNotRyan

Thanks for the input... I ordered a Pacesetter header, cant wait for it to get here... how does yours perform vs stock manifold?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.