Head light upgrade installed and blinkers repaired. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Head light upgrade installed and blinkers repaired.

15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all

Unread 08-27-2013, 04:50 AM   #1
jimbos76cj
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Head light upgrade installed and blinkers repaired.

I upgraded a friends head light wiring for him the other day.. I figured this would take 30 minutes but forgot that under his hood is a ton of extra wires and plumbing. Normally the relays go on the passenger side fender but unfortunatley there was no room so I got creative. Heres the mess on his fender

I probably could have squeezed in in a few spots but Ididnt want to make it look all clutttered so I stashed the relays here

The fuse holder were pulled through the hole in the grill and mounted

While I was going through his wiring I noticed his stock head light wires were cracked and had a few areas where they were crimped that looked a little shady so instead of using a socket for the stock plug to activate the relays I ran new wires and stripped back his split loom till I found some good wires and weather packed the head light connection.

His blinker and marker light wires were also cracked and broken with a few areas of exposed wires. Luckily i had some extra 14 ga wires and packard 56 terminals in my box so I rewired his blinkers and markers using a weather pack connector to mate em to the stock wires

When it is all said and done I ended up with this

I tested the voltage to his plugs before and after the install. before it was 11.6, after it went to 12.7 which is actually low. Normally it comes up to 14.0 after a few quick probes found his alternator to only be putting out 12.8-12.9 volts at the charging lug. I didnt get the chance to take before pics but heres the after

Low

High

Those sheds are about 200 feet away from the jeep. Heres a pic from the shed looking back at the jeep

What do you think??

88 YJ 35's 8.8 rear, family style roll bar, ax-15 external slave conversion, Custom double D fab dash 4" of lift taurus fan, Head light wiring upgrade, MSD 6al, JB conversions SYE, 258 with RV cam, Long tube headers, Borla exhaust. 1"mm, Auto meter gauges.
jimbos76cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 03:13 PM   #2
bradleybrb

1975 CJ5 

Looks good to me!
bradleybrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 07:36 PM   #3
Guy Smilie

1978 CJ5 

I like it. So this harness you made up grades the head lights and the blinkers?
Guy Smilie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 08:23 PM   #4
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Mine worked just as badass that I got from jimbos76cj. Huge difference in light output and color. No more yellow lights, now they are a solid white. (And a little low, ignore that)

Unread 08-28-2013, 02:57 PM   #5
jimbos76cj
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guy Smilie View Post
I like it. So this harness you made up grades the head lights and the blinkers?
there was no upgrading of the blinker and marker lights.. Just rewired.
88 YJ 35's 8.8 rear, family style roll bar, ax-15 external slave conversion, Custom double D fab dash 4" of lift taurus fan, Head light wiring upgrade, MSD 6al, JB conversions SYE, 258 with RV cam, Long tube headers, Borla exhaust. 1"mm, Auto meter gauges.
jimbos76cj is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.