Haven't touched the CJ all winter... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Haven't touched the CJ all winter...

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-13-2010, 08:31 AM   #1
3S00W
2009 JK Wrangler 

Haven't touched the CJ all winter...

Now one of the pistons has rust on it in the cylinder... SBC350... I can I turn it over to see if it is locked up from the rust... May use the tax return to just pay someone to swap out the engine...

3S00W is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-13-2010, 09:13 AM   #2
josh97
1986 CJ7 

Is it a manual trans?? Get it rolling and slowly let the clutch out in 1st gear and the motor might free up....not uncommon to see them rust a little after sitting all winter..the motor more than likley isnt bad....pull the plugs out and spray wd40 in the cylenders and then try the rolling clutch trick...works for me most of the time...
Unread 03-13-2010, 10:16 AM   #3
Scooter402
1984 CJ7 

Or use the same WD40 in the cylinders and a breaker bar with a 5/8" socket and crank it over by hand. Not that hard to do.
Scooter402 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.