Hasselback's "Lets try this again" CJ7 build - Page 24 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Hasselback's "Lets try this again" CJ7 build

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!New Vendor - ARTEC Industries Battery Mounts

Unread 06-25-2013, 07:02 PM   #346
skizriz
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ7 

They have some pictures from Sunday posted up on the Facebook page.

Unread 06-26-2013, 12:12 PM   #347
hasselback
Sophisticated Red Neck

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skizriz View Post
They have some pictures from Sunday posted up on the Facebook page.

I saw them yesterday. Glad to see they finally allowed you some ramp time!

Sometime this summer, I want to finish that trail now too! It's really starting to bug me that I turned around. First time on the road though, so I can imagine there would be a few bugs to work out before its 100%. Definitely gotta lift it some though so I don't keep rubbing and ripping fender flares off too. I'm really kicking myself for selling my old lift springs, especially for only $80.00!

Might just look into a SOA lift. Does that really affect handling at all?
hasselback is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 01:12 PM   #348
CJ7ROB
1986 CJ7 

Looks like good times..you guys going to the PA Jeeps All Breeds show next month?
CJ7ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-26-2013, 05:04 PM   #349
skizriz
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasselback View Post
I saw them yesterday. Glad to see they finally allowed you some ramp time!

Sometime this summer, I want to finish that trail now too! It's really starting to bug me that I turned around. First time on the road though, so I can imagine there would be a few bugs to work out before its 100%. Definitely gotta lift it some though so I don't keep rubbing and ripping fender flares off too. I'm really kicking myself for selling my old lift springs, especially for only $80.00!

Might just look into a SOA lift. Does that really affect handling at all?
Took me some time to work the bugs out also. I've logged a lot of miles both on the street and in the woods, and I still work out the bugs about every weekend.

I love my SOA. The ride of stock springs, with the lift to go with it. I've never ridden in a CJ with a top of the line lift such as a OME, but no other lifted CJ I have ever ridden in with 4+ inches of lift has come close to the soft ride of SOA.
It is a lot of work, but you have the fab skills, so the expense isn't any more than a lift would be. Other than the spring perches, all of the other stuff is what you would have to do with a 4" lift anyhow. Drive line angles (DC driveshaft), longer brake lines, longer parking brake cable, steering correction, ladder bar, etc...
Sticking with your 33's, you wouldn't need any changes to axles, gears, brakes other than what you are running now. They would tuck nicely into the wheel wells also. I trimmed mine a tad to stuff the 35's.

There's no way I could take a three hour ride up there (at 60-65 mph), wheeling for four hours, and a three hour trip back home in a Rough Country 4" lifted CJ. My back would be locked up tight.
Unread 06-27-2013, 05:07 PM   #350
hasselback
Sophisticated Red Neck

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7ROB
Looks like good times..you guys going to the PA Jeeps All Breeds show next month?
Didn't know about it. When and where?

We got 7 inches of rain here today, and it's still coming down. Severe flooding going on all over here. I think it's time to get in the jeep and go practice my river crossings again! Had to take almost a 40 mile detour just to get home from work today!
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ha...build-1409432/
Unread 06-28-2013, 12:51 PM   #351
hasselback
Sophisticated Red Neck

1984 CJ7 

Anyone know why all the pictures in the first 22 pages of this thread are gone? and why it wont let me upload any now?
Unread 06-28-2013, 01:14 PM   #352
CJ7ROB
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasselback View Post
Didn't know about it. When and where?
http://pajeeps.org/2013_Jeep_Show_Packet.pdf
CJ7ROB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-28-2013, 04:13 PM   #353
lukenicwalker
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasselback
Anyone know why all the pictures in the first 22 pages of this thread are gone? and why it wont let me upload any now?
Copied from a thread titled "Photo?" Maybe still some bugs. Couldn't paste the link for some reason

Heads Up!

"Today morning to about Thursday morning there will be some maintenance being performed on the database that manages the half million plus attachments stored on the site. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause but attaching images to posts on the site will be disabled while the maintenance is being performed. If you must post content that is image heavy this weekend you may need to use image hosting options like flickr, IMGUR, or TINYpic. This is expected to be completed by thursday morning EST. This was expected to happen over the past weekend but there where some technical issues encountered held it up. The directories will be read only just for a few days.

Thanks for your patience.

-Philip"
Unread 07-01-2013, 06:59 PM   #354
hasselback
Sophisticated Red Neck

1984 CJ7 

Since I'm allowed to upload photos again, I thought I'd post some pictures of the flood here last week. I bet the guy in the Tracker wishes he had a big CJ!
image-333199017.jpg

image-4238288309.jpg

image-3483656984.jpg

Unread 07-04-2013, 06:15 PM   #355
hasselback
Sophisticated Red Neck

1984 CJ7 

Took the Jeep for a ride today to my favorite watering hole, The Jeep Inn, but they were closed for the holiday

Continued on to fine some good scenery for a few photos. Put almost 100 miles on today!
image-847778940.jpg

image-3597700182.jpg

image-3040117894.jpg

Unread 07-08-2013, 08:09 AM   #356
bradleybrb

1975 CJ5 

What a view! and a super nice jeep too! I know it feels good to drive it!
bradleybrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 06:07 PM   #357
hasselback
Sophisticated Red Neck

1984 CJ7 

While in my garage Tuesday night, fellow forum member Skizriz pointed out that I was missing the bolt out of the passenger side tie rod clamp. No big deal, right? While under there putting the bolt in, I noticed the drivers side was only hanging on by a few threads! I must of missed putting the cotter pin in, and the nut started backing off. Steve, I think you saved my life buddy! Spent the rest of the day going over the whole Jeep with a fine tooth comb. Should be good now!
image-2500956249.jpg

Unread 07-11-2013, 06:36 PM   #358
skizriz
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ7 

That could have gotten ugly. Glad it didn't pop off while going down the highway..

I spent a few hours cleaning that diff out. I can see why the rear went out on you, the front may not have been far behind. Luckily the layer of sludge kept the bearings from rusting. I pulled the carrier and pinion and cleaned them up. It looked like a mixture of muddy grease completely packed in around the pinion.
Hopefully the bearings last until winter and I can do a complete rebuild and re-gear.
Unread 07-12-2013, 06:20 AM   #359
hasselback
Sophisticated Red Neck

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skizriz View Post

I spent a few hours cleaning that diff out. I can see why the rear went out on you, the front may not have been far behind. Luckily the layer of sludge kept the bearings from rusting. I pulled the carrier and pinion and cleaned them up. It looked like a mixture of muddy grease completely packed in around the pinion.
Hopefully the bearings last until winter and I can do a complete rebuild and re-gear.
Well hopefully it works out for you! I'm a little disappointed to hear about the sludge inside. I actually paid a local shop to rebuild that whole front end about 2 and a half years ago, before I knew any better. I think the bill was around $300 to replace all the seals and new u-joints in the axles. Glad I can do my own work now!
Unread 07-12-2013, 07:25 AM   #360
hasselback
Sophisticated Red Neck

1984 CJ7 

Drove the Jeep to work today, and parked it out in front of my office. This is my view from my desk. Not going to be a productive day with all the staring out the front door!
image-895762781.jpg

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.