Hasselback's "Lets try this again" CJ7 build - Page 20 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Hasselback's "Lets try this again" CJ7 build

JEEP Gear Change Packages From ROCKRIDGE 4WD. We Are DIFFAlloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 06-04-2013, 08:04 AM   #286
bradleybrb

1975 CJ5 

Oh crap is all I can say! I hate it when stuff like that happens! Sounds like you aren't sure you actually dropped it in there which is worse than knowing you did. I hate that man. If you are like me, it will bug you until you find it. I would try the magnet and maybe it didn't go in there and is on your skid plate or something. My luck the magnet would come off the coat hanger! This may be the stupidest and craziest idea you ever heard, but can you get a shop vac and try to put it up to the hole on the side where the oil goes in or seal the top off enough and try to suck it out? If there is no oil in it they are pretty air tight I have done that on other things to get stuff out. I have also used compressed air to move something over to where I could get to it before. Now you are probably thinking I am a nut! But that is the only other thing I can think of without dropping the transmission. I will quit talking now.

bradleybrb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-04-2013, 06:07 PM   #287
hasselback
Sophisticated Red Neck

1984 CJ7 

Well, I glued a magnet to the end of a wire coat hanger and went fishing inside the tranny for a while today, but didn't catch anything! So I think I'll just take my chances for now.

Put two fender flares on tonight, and I think I might need a small lift!
photo.jpg  
hasselback is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2013, 05:23 PM   #288
hasselback
Sophisticated Red Neck

1984 CJ7 

Well, I'm about 2-3 weeks away from being able to hit the road in the Jeep. I took the title and insurance card down to the DMV today and got it registered as an antique vehicle. In PA, that means no yearly inspection, and the registration is permanent. No more yearly fees! Just not allowed to use it as a daily driver, which I had no plans of anyway. Just gotta wait for them to send me the plate.
Unread 06-06-2013, 07:12 PM   #289
smatt26
1967 CJ5 

I did the same thing. No more headache with inspections and registration every year. Some insurance companies will also lower your rates for a limited use vehicle.
smatt26 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2013, 07:20 PM   #290
skizriz
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ7 

I thought they had to be "original" looking to get classic or antique plates?
With the miles I put on, it wouldn't be an option anyhow, but I originally had thought about doing it.
Unread 06-06-2013, 07:29 PM   #291
smatt26
1967 CJ5 

It's a lot less hassle now. Previously you had to send in photos and they would determine if it was close to OEM. Now age is the only thing they care about. Of course you are agreeing to the restrictions of limited use of "one day per week."
smatt26 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-06-2013, 07:36 PM   #292
skizriz
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smatt26 View Post
It's a lot less hassle now. Previously you had to send in photos and they would determine if it was close to OEM. Now age is the only thing they care about. Of course you are agreeing to the restrictions of limited use of "one day per week."
That's also what killed it for me. Weather permitting, I can easily put 200-250 miles a week on mine. Even my 5,000 mile limit for emissions exemption is tough to stay under. Every year I seem to coincidentally come in at 4,900 miles.
Unread 06-07-2013, 04:05 AM   #293
hasselback
Sophisticated Red Neck

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skizriz View Post
That's also what killed it for me. Weather permitting, I can easily put 200-250 miles a week on mine. Even my 5,000 mile limit for emissions exemption is tough to stay under. Every year I seem to coincidentally come in at 4,900 miles.
The limit for antique registration is 7500 per year. With only driving it in the summer, and on nice days, that will be hard to top. Plus, without yearly inspection, who's ever gonna know if you go over??
Unread 06-07-2013, 09:12 AM   #294
bradleybrb

1975 CJ5 

We are lucky here in Mississippi. After your vehicle is 25 years old you can get an antique tag. Buy it once and never again. We do have to get an inspection sticker every year. I know it was a good feeling to go get it registered.
bradleybrb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-07-2013, 01:00 PM   #295
hasselback
Sophisticated Red Neck

1984 CJ7 

I ordered two new seats yesterday from 4WD.com. Just wasn't happy with my junkyard seats. They just didn't look right. So, I'm just waiting on them to show up now. Got a few small things to do yet this weekend, but that list is getting shorter and shorter!
Unread 06-07-2013, 01:04 PM   #296
CjHouch

1976 CJ5 

The transition you've made is awesome.. Beautiful Jeep. What seats did you order?
Unread 06-07-2013, 02:12 PM   #297
hasselback
Sophisticated Red Neck

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CjHouch View Post
The transition you've made is awesome.. Beautiful Jeep. What seats did you order?
Thanks! Got Smittybuilt factory style black vinyl bucket seats.
Unread 06-09-2013, 04:25 PM   #298
hasselback
Sophisticated Red Neck

1984 CJ7 

Took the Jeep for a spin today with a buddy of mine in the back seat. So far, everything is working well. As you can see, my driveway is a little muddy, so I chose to drive through the weeds instead!
945124_589145987772142_1293743007_n.jpg  
Unread 06-09-2013, 04:28 PM   #299
skizriz
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ7 

Are you taking it up to Butler this weekend to show it off?
Unread 06-09-2013, 04:35 PM   #300
hasselback
Sophisticated Red Neck

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skizriz View Post
Are you taking it up to (over in your case:P ) Butler this weekend to show it off?
Down to butler? Haha......no, won't be road legal until I get my license plate in about 2 more weeks. That will give me time to get all the bugs worked out. One of them I just noticed is my mechanical oil pressure gauge hose sprung a leak right in the middle of the line somehow, so I'll have to replace that.

The bar right around the corner from my camp in Medix Run is having a Jeep Jamboree on the 23rd, I'm hoping that will be my first Jeep event!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.