Hasselback's "Lets try this again" CJ7 build - Page 13 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Hasselback's "Lets try this again" CJ7 build

XJ Rail Sale!The Ruffstuff NOT Universal 4 Link Kit!Vanco Big Brake Kit Promotion!

Unread 03-24-2013, 12:24 AM   #181
popascj7
1976 CJ7 

If you use that filter before the pump and have it hooked up to the fuel return you'll be sucking air.

popascj7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2013, 01:14 AM   #182
Crisco87
1977 CJ7 

I know during my teardown, the fuel filter was right about where you have it in the picture - after the fuel pump.
Crisco87 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-24-2013, 08:29 AM   #183
hasselback
Sophisticated Red Neck

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by popascj7 View Post
If you use that filter before the pump and have it hooked up to the fuel return you'll be sucking air.
Thanks, I didn't think about that, but it makes sense. This filter doesn't seem to have an in and out labeled. Does it matter?
hasselback is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2013, 04:49 PM   #184
MrBeast
1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasselback View Post
Well, its after 11pm, and I just came in from the garage! Got a bunch of little things Crossed off the list tonight. Started by getting the rest of the body bolts in. It only took a 2 ton come along hooked to the frame and a piece of angle that I had to bolt to the tub where the fender bolts up. Took a few cranks to pull everything into alignment, but I got it. Went from that, to reinstalling the shifters.

Attachment 592282

Attachment 592283

Then I threw in the front driveshaft, but i got to get some new straps and bolts. Cant seem to find all of them!

Attachment 592284

Attachment 592289

And now for my fuel filter. I reinstalled my line from the pump to carb. I have this filter inline now, but i don't think its meant to be the primary filter.

Attachment 592298

Attachment 592299

I also have this filter. The barb on the side I think goes to the fuel return line, but my question is, does this filter have to be after the pump, or can I put it in before the pump, which would be more convenient?

Attachment 592315
Please please please! ditch that glass filter, I have seen several vehicles burn to the ground because the glass breaks and covers the engine in fuel while it is running down the road.

Wix makes a clear plastic one that is a much better unit that is what I recommend and run on all my rigs.

I really like the switch/stereo panel you put together. That is going to be sharp and handy. Also a big fan of the orange.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/1980-cj7-first-jeep-build-1243620/"]80 CJ7 "The Kraken" - a project 25 years in the making[/URL] AMC 304 V8, NV4500, Dana 300, Dana 44, 9 inch, M.O.R.E. SRS, YJ tub.

AT3 US Navy 1999-2003

[B][SIZE="3"] Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt[/SIZE][/B]
[SIZE="1"](When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults)[/SIZE]
MrBeast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-30-2013, 07:18 PM   #185
hasselback
Sophisticated Red Neck

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBeast View Post

I really like the switch/stereo panel you put together. That is going to be sharp and handy. Also a big fan of the orange.
Thanks, although I'm planning on ditching it to put the radio in the dash where it belongs. May cut it down though and keep it just for the switches. We'll see.
Unread 04-01-2013, 06:33 PM   #186
hasselback
Sophisticated Red Neck

1984 CJ7 

Getting ready to paint the Jeep, but couldn't find the exact shade of orange I wanted, so I decided to mix my own. The pic on my phone is what I mixed, trying to match the Poison Spyder Jeep, which I think looks pretty awesome.
capture6.jpg  
Unread 04-02-2013, 01:03 AM   #187
MrBeast
1980 CJ7 

Great color. Orange is one of my favorites.

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/1980-cj7-first-jeep-build-1243620/"]80 CJ7 "The Kraken" - a project 25 years in the making[/URL] AMC 304 V8, NV4500, Dana 300, Dana 44, 9 inch, M.O.R.E. SRS, YJ tub.

AT3 US Navy 1999-2003

[B][SIZE="3"] Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt[/SIZE][/B]
[SIZE="1"](When catapults are outlawed, only outlaws will have catapults)[/SIZE]
MrBeast is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-06-2013, 06:12 PM   #188
hasselback
Sophisticated Red Neck

1984 CJ7 

Did a little work on the audio today. Was trying to decide what to do with my 6x9's, and saw there was just enough room to recess them into the wheel wells behind the back seat. So I cut the holes out, and since the back of the speaker would be exposed, I got some baffles to put through the hole first. I siliconed the baffle to the tub under the carpet, then installed the speakers, and grills for a nice clean look. And they sound great!

forumrunner_20130406_191145.jpg

forumrunner_20130406_191213.jpg
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ha...build-1409432/
Unread 04-15-2013, 05:53 PM   #189
hasselback
Sophisticated Red Neck

1984 CJ7 

Snuck out to the garage today after work and prepped and painted my grill. Its a little darker than I hoped, but I'm just going to have to live with it for now! Ill probably end up painting it again in a few years anyway...

forumrunner_20130415_185318.jpg

forumrunner_20130415_185347.jpg
Unread 04-15-2013, 05:57 PM   #190
skizriz
Web Wheeler

1978 CJ7 

I wondered how you were coming along. Haven't heard much lately. I like the color. There aren't many vehicles that can pull off orange.
A nice CJ is one of the few that can.
Unread 04-15-2013, 05:58 PM   #191
hasselback
Sophisticated Red Neck

1984 CJ7 

Realizing now that my Phone takes horrible pictures!
Unread 04-15-2013, 06:06 PM   #192
hasselback
Sophisticated Red Neck

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skizriz View Post
I wondered how you were coming along. Haven't heard much lately. I like the color. There aren't many vehicles that can pull off orange.
A nice CJ is one of the few that can.
Thanks.

It's coming, slowly it seems. Spent almost 2 weeks trying to mix this darn paint. I'd order a couple quarts from Summit, mix it up, decide it needed some more yellow, so had to order another quart, then I wanted it metallic, so ordered some orange flake, then decided I needed some more red, so had to order yet another quart! I got enough paint to paint probably 3 Jeeps now! I finally had enough, so I'm going with it. I'm sure it will grow on me once I get the clear on. And I didn't do anything this past weekend with it do to fishing season.
Unread 04-17-2013, 11:41 AM   #193
hasselback
Sophisticated Red Neck

1984 CJ7 

Getting extremely frustrated here! You can't really see it in the pic above, but the paint on my grill has a real bad orange peel effect going on. I know it should be laying flatter than this coming out of the gun. Right now, my spray gun is acting like it's a splatter gun! It's a Kobalt gravity geed gun from lowes, and I'm running about 45-50 PSI through it. I'm not sure if I need to thin the paint, turn up the pressure, or what, but I'm about ready to just roll on herculiner over the whole darn thing!

Any thoughts would be welcomed.
Unread 04-17-2013, 01:30 PM   #194
Davis77Cj
1977 CJ7 

can you spray a piece of cardboard or something so we can see what is coming out of the tip?
Unread 04-17-2013, 01:54 PM   #195
hasselback
Sophisticated Red Neck

1984 CJ7 

Its coming out of the tip like splatter paint

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.