Started on the right side wheel well panel replacement today. Started on the left side which had enough original metal left for me to trace to make the pattern. I cut that out on a piece of plywood, then took my three pieces of sheet metal, and welded them together to make one piece. Then I traced the pattern on to the sheet metal and added a half inch around the radius. Next, I cut it out, then clamped it to the plywood form and set it on the bench wood side up. Then I took the grinder and made relief cuts every inch or less along the radius, then bent them over with a hammer. After that, I welded all the relief cuts back up, and ground it all smooth. Took about 3 hours , but it turned out great, and fits like a glove. Now, just gotta install it! Also going to have to make one for the other side, just smaller.
1984 CJ7 I6 258 Bone stock
"Screw the brakes, just make the horn louder!"
My build thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.