has anyone here ever put a ford tranny on a chevy motor? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > has anyone here ever put a ford tranny on a chevy motor?

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGThe Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 02-20-2002, 12:09 AM   #1
87JeepWrangler

has anyone here ever put a ford tranny on a chevy motor?

i am looking to attach an np435 to a chevy 350 in my 87 wrangler. i have a few questions for anyone who has ever done this. i have spent hours searching the internet for info on this conversion, and have only had limited success. if anyone is willing to give me a little info on this, it would be much appreciated. TIA

Unread 02-20-2002, 03:44 PM   #2
CJ Lover

Ive never done this or know anyone who has, but Im sure it can be done. You could bolt a 350 to your @ss. Ive seen conversion plates for a 350 to about anything, you just have to look around.
Unread 02-20-2002, 06:44 PM   #3
mrclean

I'm sure Advance Adapters can help you. Be alot easier and cheaper to sell the 435 and find an SM420 or 465, these will bolt right up.
mrclean is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2002, 11:53 AM   #4
jeepdaddy2000
Web Wheeler

1971 CJ5 

I think mrclean is right, I mated a Ford T18 to a buick V6 and it was a little entailed. a chevy truck trans mated to the transfer case through an aftermarket adapter might be easer.
jeepdaddy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.