Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Hard top window popped out

5K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Bearcub1985 
#1 ·
Have a cj7 hard top I picked up. The side window is partially out partially in.

Any idea on how to fix this?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Pop it completely out and clean the tops window edge and inside the rubber groove itself with a Q-tip (WD-40). Reset the rubber gasket via its groove so it's loosely set and give it a steady gentle EVEN push. The glass should pop right on in. You will feel it when it sets good. It's not that hard. Just remember; even pressure on glass. Sometimes they will pop out if you flex the top. Good luck!

#7 ·
Take the glass and gasket out completely.
Clean all edges and gasket.Lube the gasket with silicone or liquid soap.
Install gasket on glass.
Grab twine ot thick string and wrap around the window.
This works the easiest if you have both ends of the string together at the bottom center of the glass.
Put bottom of the the glass in the opening.
Once you have it set in place have someone push the glass while you pull the rope.
What you are doing is lifting the edge of the gasket away from the fiberglass then exerting force to push the gasket back into position.
I am sure U Tube might have a video on how to install auto glass.

#11 ·
Tried again tonight. Didn't have a helper so I just tried to use a flat balde screw driver to fold out the gasket. Wasn't having any luck it just seemed like it wanted to bind.

I will wait until I can have someone help me push from the outside. I found this you tube video using the method GMA mentioned I think I will try this next.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.