Hard top insulation - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Hard top insulation

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGAlloy USA Still Available

Unread 10-18-2005, 06:36 PM   #1
JuicedZ
2007 JK Wrangler 

Hard top insulation

Quick question. If I was to spray undercoating on the inside of my hard top do you think that would help keep a lil bit of the heat in during the winter. Not worried about sound because i like hearing the tires. Or is there already something out there to use.

JuicedZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2005, 07:00 PM   #2
John N
1981 CJ8 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuicedZ
Or is there already something out there to use.
The something out there is to upgrade the heater, then you won't have to worry about insulating the top. Put in a new heater core and do the Chevy Blazer heater motor upgrade.
John N is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-19-2005, 06:38 PM   #3
jeepsarecool
1982 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuicedZ
Quick question. If I was to spray undercoating on the inside of my hard top do you think that would help keep a lil bit of the heat in during the winter. Not worried about sound because i like hearing the tires. Or is there already something out there to use.
I put in a headliner to help with that problem. I just picked up a piece from a local auto upholstery shop, flipped the hardtop upside down, cut the liner to fit, and glued it in with contact cement. Looks good and I like to pretend that it helps keep me warm . Also, the other guy is right, I did the blazer motor upgrade a long time ago and it was a huge improvement over the stock heater.

CJ7 - God's gift to the masochist.
jeepsarecool is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2005, 04:47 PM   #4
JuicedZ
2007 JK Wrangler 

Yeah i do rember reading about the blazer motor. I usually just put lots of layers on in the winter to stay warm when i drive it. Thanks looks like im gonna have to give that a try...
JuicedZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2005, 07:25 AM   #5
firecord

Here's what I plan to put in mine.

http://www.uscaraudio.com/cgi-bin/us...g;Bulk%20Packs

Put it in, then a liner in to cover it! I have a friend that used it in his 37 Chevy. You wouldn't believe the difference it made.

You're just jealous because the voices only talk to me
firecord is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.