hard top/hard door paint scheme - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > hard top/hard door paint scheme

XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 09-28-2008, 12:08 PM   #1
82Renegade
1982 CJ7 

hard top/hard door paint scheme

I just bought steel doors and a hardtop, neither of which match my CJ. Going to paint the hardtop black, and debating on whether to do the doors the same or match the body (blue) color. Having the doors & top match looks fine with a soft top- anyone have this setup with hard doors? pics?

82Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2008, 12:42 PM   #2
CRJ1968
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 82Renegade View Post
I just bought steel doors and a hardtop, neither of which match my CJ. Going to paint the hardtop black, and debating on whether to do the doors the same or match the body (blue) color. Having the doors & top match looks fine with a soft top- anyone have this setup with hard doors? pics?

Another thing that looks cool is just the top part of the door matching the hardtop, like this (first pic on the link)
http://www.austinjeeps.com/newitems.html
CRJ1968 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2008, 06:11 PM   #3
jatepper
1985 CJ7 

You know, I was wondering the same thing. I have a hard top and doors that I am thinking about painting and putting on the CJ, but the CJ has a painted pin stripe across the body, meaning I would have to paint the door to match the body and find the paint to match the pinstripe and paint on the pinstripe too. I figured it would just be easier to paint the top and doors tan since my soft top has a tan top and doors.

Not trying to hijack. Sorry.

More opinions or pics????
Automatic-258 I6- Detroit lockers front/rear - Superior 1-piece axles, Ramsey Pro 9000 Winch, Quick Disconnects, 33 BFG AT's, 4.10 gears, Howell TBI, DUI HEI Ignition, Ground Pounder Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier Combo, Handen Fab integrated winch plate front bumper w/hoop, ORF weld-in front sport cage.

USMC 1999-2004 Semper Fi!

Hood Hi-Lift Jack Mounts for CJ/YJ/TJ/JK

Torchmate CNC Plasma Table Build / Projects

The Target Man, LLC - AR500 Shooting Targets
jatepper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2008, 10:16 PM   #4
82Renegade
1982 CJ7 

just ran across this elsewhere on the forum
paint-scheme.jpg  
82Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2008, 10:25 PM   #5
jatepper
1985 CJ7 

Well, what do you guys think about the look?
Automatic-258 I6- Detroit lockers front/rear - Superior 1-piece axles, Ramsey Pro 9000 Winch, Quick Disconnects, 33 BFG AT's, 4.10 gears, Howell TBI, DUI HEI Ignition, Ground Pounder Rear Bumper / Tire Carrier Combo, Handen Fab integrated winch plate front bumper w/hoop, ORF weld-in front sport cage.

USMC 1999-2004 Semper Fi!

Hood Hi-Lift Jack Mounts for CJ/YJ/TJ/JK

Torchmate CNC Plasma Table Build / Projects

The Target Man, LLC - AR500 Shooting Targets
jatepper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2008, 11:03 PM   #6
whittlecj
1980 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRJ1968 View Post
Another thing that looks cool is just the top part of the door matching the hardtop, like this (first pic on the link)
http://www.austinjeeps.com/newitems.html

I'm down with this style.
whittlecj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2008, 11:12 PM   #7
Skerr
<*////><

1985 CJ7 

Eeewwww! I like CRJ1968's idea. I think it is more appropriate.

But the right word at the right time... "Hey, give me a little hug!" That's the difference between lightning and a harmless lightning bug!
Skerr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-03-2008, 06:28 AM   #8
GO-NOLES84
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skerr View Post
I like CRJ1968's idea. I think it is more appropriate.
X2 only I would bring the black all the way around the window frame.
GO-NOLES84 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.