Hard getting it into 4wd - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Hard getting it into 4wd

ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 08-18-2003, 06:49 PM   #1
DustinsCJ7

Hard getting it into 4wd

I seem to have a hard time putting my 84 Cj7 into 4hi or 4low. I put the trans in neutral and push in the clutch, go to shift the transfercase into 4wd and it wont go into either 4wd mode. I try to kinda "ram" it into 4wd and it still wont go into it. Only if im moving at about 5 or 10 mph will it "pop" into 4wd. The fluid is full as well.

Is there something im doing wrong? Anybody else have this problem?

Thanks,
Dustin

[COLOR=red]P.O.S[/COLOR] Jeep club member [B]#2[/B]
84 CJ7 nuttered up, TFI'ed, MC2100 conversion, 2" spring lift, 31" BFG MT's
79 LUV 4x4
[COLOR=blue]Live like there's no tomorrow[/COLOR]
DustinsCJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2003, 07:21 PM   #2
we4jeepn

When I am trying to shift into 4wd I come to a complete stop, I leave it in gear and push in the clutch, then as I am applying pressure to the xcase lever I gently let the clutch out a little. The xcase lever will fall into gear.
we4jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-18-2003, 08:21 PM   #3
wm69

Do what webjeepin said and if it won't ease in, as you let the clutch out and the jeeps gets a rollin' a little, push the clutch back in and try popping it into gear then. My dad actually has to get rolling backwards a little to get his into gear (course his scrambler has about 3500 miles on it since new).... Both my CJ7's go into gear fine when rolling forward a little, but are hard as hell when at a stop.

85 CJ7 258, A/C, T176, MC2100, Team Rush, Warn XD8000i, superwinch hubs, 3in lift 31" BFG AT/KO
wm69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.