hanging clutch pedal assy - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > hanging clutch pedal assy

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 05-22-2003, 02:54 PM   #1
Brandon Miller

hanging clutch pedal assy

thinking of ditching my chain drive and going hydro - what do people use for this? It's a glass body, M38A1

Brandon Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-22-2003, 07:00 PM   #2
BESRK
GROUND POUNDER

1980 CJ5 

I'm running a SBC so it might be a little different... basically, I used a Tilton 1" bore master cylinder and a stock 80-something CJ slave cylinder and hose. I used a Camaro clutch fork and shortened it about an inch to get the right ratio for full release. I also replaced the stock slave cylinder's pushrod with one that I made out of 3/8" stock so that I could make it long enough to take up almost all the slack in the system when the clutch fork spring retracts the slave cylinder all the way in. Tilton makes several different bore sizes in their master cylinders so you should be able to find one that will work. Might even be able to run the stock 80-something master cylinder (I think it's got a 7/8" bore). My clutch is a little stiff but it's bearable. Oh another thing, I'm running an 11" disk so if you run a 10.5" disk, your pressure plate finger ratio will be better and you shouldn't need as much travel to disengage. Strive for disengagement with the smallest possible master cylinder bore for a nice easy pedal "feel"... HTH

Ground Pounder Fab

Lower 2

Guardrail

Down Schoolbus

Slickrock Tellico

Save

Crozet

More Crozet
BESRK is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.