The Hammer. The Epic Build. The Homestretch. - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > The Hammer. The Epic Build. The Homestretch.

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineG2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 10-14-2013, 07:28 PM   #31
Lifesgoodhere
1997 TJ Wrangler 

2.5 foot breaker + 6 foot extension. I can dead lift 300 or so pounds. Do the math. The engine is toast. No longer live at home where I keep it. All my tools are at work. have bills to pay, and not much time anymore to tinker with it. Appreciate the encouragement, but I know when its time to move on.

Unread 10-15-2013, 05:35 AM   #32
Matt1981CJ7
Web Wheeler

1981 CJ7 

R.I.P Hammer.

Good luck, Jake. I hope your next project is more rewarding.

Matt
Matt1981CJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2013, 05:55 AM   #33
berettajeep
1947 CJ2A 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifesgoodhere View Post
2.5 foot breaker + 6 foot extension. I can dead lift 300 or so pounds. Do the math. The engine is toast. No longer live at home where I keep it. All my tools are at work. have bills to pay, and not much time anymore to tinker with it. Appreciate the encouragement, but I know when its time to move on.

My little l head was the same. tried kerosene/ATF, PB Blaster. using heat nothing worked.
Then my girl's ex told me to try something called Corrosion Block. Boaters use it. I thought what the hell I'll give it a try.
Lets just say I am happy with a running Jeep now.

If you are 100% set on getting rid of it/ parting it out by all means good luck.
But if you have a small percent of you thinking you could try and get her running again, if not only for the fact someone will pay more for a running jeep, then I say try it.

All I did was spray some on the piston's and since I had the oil pan off I spray the crank and camshaft.

For the record I have no affiliation with the company or the product. Just a very happy customer.

http://www.corrosionblock.com

Just go to where to buy to find the closet or buy on line.

Just a thought, good luck with whatever you do.
Unread 10-15-2013, 11:12 AM   #34
wm69

Man hate to hear that. I do iknow where you're coming from though. My tan Jeep sat at my parents' house for 10 years while I lived 5 hours away. I thought about selling it several times, but looked at all I had in it, and realized that any money I got for it wouldn't be enough to do anything real exciting with, so I held on to it. In 2009 I went through a nasty divorce and moved back home (actually next door in my grandparents' old house). Been here 4 years, still have the tan Jeep, and now realize that the money I would have gotten for it would have been spent or the ex would have gotten half of it, so really glad I held onto it.

Depending on what you think you can get out of it, you could always throw a cover over it, put it up on blocks, and come back to it later. Watch CL for a cheap engine (I got an extra running 258 for $150 not too long ago, sold the carb and accessories for $140, have running long block for $10!)

85 CJ7 258, A/C, T176, MC2100, Team Rush, Warn XD8000i, superwinch hubs, 3in lift 31" BFG AT/KO
wm69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2013, 01:37 PM   #35
Lifesgoodhere
1997 TJ Wrangler 

My parents have told me they are considering getting it towed and junked after the new year...not sure if they are serious or trying to motivate me. I know they are tired of having it be an eyesore on their property.

Berettajeep - the product sounds good. However after doing some research on it, its about the same as transmission oil and mineral sprits mix. Thanks anyway.

WM69 - different situation, but its good you kept yours.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.