Greasing The Hubs on Full Floating Dana 44s? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Greasing The Hubs on Full Floating Dana 44s?

Swag Off Road BIG-HIT TJ-YJ Rear BumperThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-25-2010, 03:01 PM   #1
Darthteddy
1955 M-38 

Greasing The Hubs on Full Floating Dana 44s?

Low and behold im missing the Dust Cap off the end of my full floater hubs on one side of my willys. Theres clearly grease around the spines and stuff but im not sure if this is something that needs it regularly or just on initial installation? Theres not supposed to be a Zerks fitting or something on the end of the axle shaft is there? Or do I need to take it all out and grease occasionally?

And also, The 6 bolts that hold the drive flange on always wiggle themselves loose. Ive tried locktite, Thread sealer. and even RTV. They have new lock washers on them so i dont see why they come out almost to the point of falling out. The other side has never done it before, but these are almost completely out after maybe 50 miles or so.

55 Willy's M38a1 - 231v6, 33" Super Swampers, D44 Full Floater Rear, Locked Front and Rear, 5.38 Gears, Viair OBA, Bilsteen 5100 shocks, Dana 18, Turbo 350, S10 Power Steering, Tilt-wheel, Full Cage, Flat Fenders....
Darthteddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-25-2010, 04:02 PM   #2
BlueRubiconrich
1986 CJ7 

Like the front hubs, I use lock washers. There is a cup like cap that goes over the end.
BlueRubiconrich is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
axle , dust cap , full floater , full floating , grease , hub , lube , lubrication

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.