Gotta swap out my engine, (wich one?) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Gotta swap out my engine, (wich one?)

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Steinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 04-05-2005, 06:42 PM   #1
ishqueg

Gotta swap out my engine, (wich one?)

Just had my 84 CJ7 diagnosed with spark scatter and a chronic case of blowback. So being as it looks terminal, I need to swap out the engine. My questions is: all things being equal, what is the best engine to swap for my 258 i6? I was going to go with a chevy 350 small block, but have been told horror stories about putting them in a CJ. Not the least of which is that I would have to replace my tranny to go with it. I have also been told that I cant go wrong with a 4.0 efi, but it just doesnt sound powerfull enough. So now, Im leaning toward a remanufactured '77 Wagoneer 360 V8. Any opionions you all have would be helpfull. Thanks.

ishqueg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-06-2005, 09:18 AM   #2
John C

Not trying to shut you down but this topic is getting played out. Do a topic search or simply go to the bottom and click to show threads from the last week. There should be a half dozen to read about what motor, what tranny, how it all goes together, Blah, Blah, Blah. Once you take the time to do some real homework and get stumped we're here for you. No one can tell you what combo to use as none of us know your style. Any swap is about the same level of difficulty. Just different things show up.
BLUE JEEP CLUB MEMBER #156
84' Caribean Blue Laredo w/ black leather interior
Frame off restore 6 years ago
7 inch lift w/ 34" TRXUS MT
DANA 44 front Solid axle converted Model 20 rear
AMC 360 / T-400 / Model 300 transfer case
SOLD
but never forgotten

Quote:
If I can't hunt it, fish it, f**k it, or wheel it, I might not be that intrested in it
John C is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.