Got a question about how much this may be worth? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Got a question about how much this may be worth?

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughYukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon ZipBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rock

Unread 01-26-2010, 07:47 PM   #1
Beachbum1236
1985 CJ7 

Got a question about how much this may be worth?

Hello everyone! I haven't posted on this in a while, can't remember when i was last on here! I am not exactly sure where I should post this first of all, and I have no idea what it is exactly I am trying to figure out. I would ultimately like to try and find out by your opinions how much my Jeep is worth. I would and My dad would also like to sell it and see it go to a good home with someone to take care of all the little things that I haven't had time to do! I do not know what to ask for it. Here's the story:

My dad bought this Jeep CJ-7 "Renegade" in 1985 brand new. It has a 4.2 L 6 cyl with a 5 speed manual transmission. As of right now the miles are 73998.8 . It has been garage kept for 24 1/2 years, and it has most recently been moved to Ft Lauderdale where I am attending college. It has recently been showing signs of rust on the seams and at little nicks and pins on the paint. The undercarriage is in very good condition really except for the front and rear leaf springs. There are some other little spots here and there underneath, but nothing major. The interior is all original, the mats, the seats, the gauges, the carpet, the material covering the roll bar, radio, everything. The outside is stock, stock wheels, stock everything except: **Except for the right front fender, had a little accident in the back yard with a tree, It is not original and was replaced by an OEM fender I'm assuming. My dad has all of the paperwork though I'm assuming as well he
ll have something recording this, he's a pack rat like that!
The jeep is a soft top and it is also stock from the factory. The CJ runs awesome and doesn't' have any mechanical problems, everything working good. It would be a great restoring Jeep and wouldn't need much done to it.

I've got the manuals and the original 1980 service manual.

I have been searching the internet for Jeeps similar to it and I came up with this site: Used Jeeps for sale

I'm not exactly really sure what else to say, I don't really know what price range to put this Jeep in either, I have a couple figures in my head but I would like some other peoples opinions to what they think it may be worth.

Thanks guys!

Lots of pics below!

Unread 01-26-2010, 07:49 PM   #2
Beachbum1236
1985 CJ7 

Unread 01-26-2010, 07:58 PM   #3
ag4ever
1982 CJ8 

Are you sure that is the original speedometer?

In '85 it should have the hundred thousand digit position, but your appears to be an earlier model speedometer that will only register upto 99,999.9 miles then roll to 0.

All in all it appears to be a very nice jeep.

If I had to wager a guess, I would price it at $7,500 - $8,500.
ag4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2010, 08:19 PM   #4
skclark
1982 CJ7 

I'd say around 7500 would be a good deal. I just bought an 82 CJ7 in November and looked at a hundred or so CJs! Looks very clean. Always wondered what a stock air cleaner looks like!

Your spedo looks WAY better than mine! Looks like an after market / replacement. I like the front frame cover too.
skclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-26-2010, 09:35 PM   #5
jayhawkclint
1970 CJ5 

Prolly $8k-$9k around here.
Looks nice.
Unread 01-27-2010, 07:38 AM   #6
CGrugger

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ag4ever View Post
Are you sure that is the original speedometer?

In '85 it should have the hundred thousand digit position, but your appears to be an earlier model speedometer that will only register upto 99,999.9 miles then roll to 0.

All in all it appears to be a very nice jeep.

If I had to wager a guess, I would price it at $7,500 - $8,500.
That speedo looks exactly like my 85 looks. Have no idea if mine is original though.

07 WK Limited: 4.7, QT-II
CGrugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-27-2010, 09:45 AM   #7
Beachbum1236
1985 CJ7 

It may be a late production 84 but I'm not sure. I'm trying to sell it and now that I have some general thoughts and opinions I think I may be able to get a good price for it. thanks everyone. would like some more opinions though before I do anything.
Unread 01-27-2010, 12:09 PM   #8
3Rotts
1985 CJ7 

I have an 85 CJ7 Laredo and I have the same speedo as well.

Nice Jeep considering it was kept in New Jersey and almost no rust to be seen!
3Rotts is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.