Got my MC2150 dialed in... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Got my MC2150 dialed in...

Iron Cross Customer JK and TJ Wrangler Bumpers now at ROCKZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 02-21-2013, 07:06 PM   #16
DUX4LIFE
1977 CJ7 

The one one my jeep is flat.

Unread 03-01-2013, 04:07 PM   #17
jhar10423
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Carb on 4.0?

Hi, Ive been embattled with a 88 yj 4.2 to 4.0 swap. My old 4.2 has climbed its last hill and now is being replaced by a 03 4.0 out of a grand cherokee. Having gotten the motor cheap i'd like to use it but now I am at the point that i would like to ditch the f.i. and go back to a carb. What I would like to do is find a carb to retrofit my stock 4.0 intake manifold. i think if i can find a carb in the 400-500 cfm range with a base size of no greater than 3" square I might be able to cut a square in the manifold tread some screws in and be in luck. Have you ever heard of anyone doing this? thanks
jhar10423 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-01-2013, 04:11 PM   #18
walkerhoundvm
1981 CJ8 

No. No one in their right mind would switch from MPFI to a carb.
walkerhoundvm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-26-2013, 02:46 PM   #19
rainjeep
1985 CJ7 

I went to NAPA today looking for that 6.5 pv for my 2150 Motorcraft and no luck. I got my new 47 jets today but I can't replace them yet due to the ones on the carb having a cap on and I don't know how to take off. I can't get to the jets without removing them, they look like brass caps.
Did anybody have this problem removing these caps off?
rainjeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2013, 12:55 PM   #20
JeepMonkey
1986 CJ7 

Couple of questions:

1. Is there anyway tell which PV I currently have on my MC 2150?

2. A part number for the 6.5 PV would be great. I found a few on the NAPA website but it wasn't immediately clear which would work for my application.

I have almost the same problem as the OP and the PV diagnosis sounds spot on. I too bought my carb from the eBay guy and have yet to get a response from him about the issue. Not saying he won't respond, just that he hasn't yet.

Hopefully he will because he sure does talk a big game about after sale support.
JeepMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2013, 01:35 PM   #21
scrapman
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepMonkey View Post
Couple of questions:

1. Is there anyway tell which PV I currently have on my MC 2150?

2. A part number for the 6.5 PV would be great. I found a few on the NAPA website but it wasn't immediately clear which would work for my application.

I have almost the same problem as the OP and the PV diagnosis sounds spot on. I too bought my carb from the eBay guy and have yet to get a response from him about the issue. Not saying he won't respond, just that he hasn't yet.

Hopefully he will because he sure does talk a big game about after sale support.
Any holley 6.5 single stage power valve will work. A quick google of holley 6.5 power valve turned up several places to buy. Here is one:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hl...FfFj7AodlXYAww

The only way to tell which one you have is to take it off and see what numbers are stamped on it.
scrapman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2013, 02:09 PM   #22
drespecki
1983 CJ7 

Hmmm, wonder what is in mine? I have one of those brand new 2150 units he found somewhere and have a stumble like you mentioned...
Unread 08-20-2013, 02:20 PM   #23
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

The power valves are on the wall at any auto parts store in the performance section. They usually have more sizes then just 8 or 8.5 which is what comes in the kits, I think.

You can pull those brass caps off
Unread 08-20-2013, 02:52 PM   #24
JeepMonkey
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drespecki
Hmmm, wonder what is in mine? I have one of those brand new 2150 units he found somewhere and have a stumble like you mentioned...
Funny. Mine is new too! I wonder how he finds all these new? Or are they "new"?
JeepMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2013, 03:31 PM   #25
drespecki
1983 CJ7 

Mine really does appear brand new...not refurbed, sandblasted, etc... Looks factory.
Unread 08-20-2013, 04:41 PM   #26
capt205
1983 CJ7 

Chinese reverse engineered.

Seriously though...I got an MC2150 from him, and so far, I'm satisfied with it.
capt205 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-23-2013, 11:49 PM   #27
drespecki
1983 CJ7 

Has anyone confirmed what size is in the 'factory' 2150 carb? I think I need to change over to the 6.5 power valve and 46 jets but have no idea what is in the carb I bought from him. It is a 1.08 venturi though...
Anyone?
Unread 08-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #28
jeepwhore
Hair puller xtraordinaire

1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by drespecki View Post
Has anyone confirmed what size is in the 'factory' 2150 carb? I think I need to change over to the 6.5 power valve and 46 jets but have no idea what is in the carb I bought from him. It is a 1.08 venturi though...
Anyone?

On my carbs the jet size is stamped in the top of the jet. PV, couldn't tell you what comes in them stock.
'84 CJ-7: Yota axles (spartan locked front, e-locked rear) 4" BDS, 1" Daystar & 3/8" shackle lifts, 35" X-Terrains on steelies, YJ Tub & family roll bar, heater blower upgrade, 4.2L w/MC2100 & Team Rush, Warn 8274. Rebuilt 4.2/4.0 hybrid, AX15 and twin sticks/clocking ring waiting to go in.

The advertised position for a topless, dirty jeep girl has been filled......by my wife. Thanks to all that applied.
<------------and yes, that is her.
:-D
jeepwhore is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-24-2013, 09:43 AM   #29
capt205
1983 CJ7 

You're going to have to pull the top off and see what is stamped onto the jets. If I recall correctly, the eBay guy tries to jet and tune your carb based on the info you provide when ordered.

Its close...but fine tuning makes it better. You have to do this with any carb you buy, as there are just to many variables to factor in. Once you determine what is in the carb buy a couple sizes of jets higher and lower then swap them out till you feel its at its best.

Tuning a carb is becoming a lost skill, and it usually takes a couple of tries to get it right, but its worth it.
capt205 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-25-2013, 10:51 AM   #30
drespecki
1983 CJ7 

Sounds like the jets have an ID stamped on them? Does the power valve have anything on it to ID it ? Hate to buy a bunch of them that I don't need..
Thanks..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.