Got her home last night! - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Got her home last night!

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 08-02-2010, 05:39 AM   #31
1983 CJ7 

I am planning on installing Hadley air horns, are your horns hooked up?

Unread 08-02-2010, 08:20 AM   #32
albinoplatypus
1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danheit View Post

This is what came out from behind the dash after about 5 minutes

And the piece de resistance, the ignition wiring:

Hey, that looks just like my wiring did!
albinoplatypus is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-10-2010, 06:37 AM   #33
danheit
1979 CJ7 

243, horns got hooked up after the first time I drove her. It's amazinghow people don't pay attention to something that big right next to them! I will say though that the fender was a great spot for mounting.

Build Thread: 1979 CJ7 Blue Jeep
danheit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-17-2010, 03:21 PM   #34
danheit
1979 CJ7 

Wow, so everything to date so far, I have barely touched my list, but have done lots of stuff not on the list! Here we are as of today:

-Purchase new chrome trim rings for headlight switch and ww switch DONE
-Paint
-Tranny tunnel cover
-UPOL Raptor the interior
-Fix fuel gauge
-Install electric fan Tried, can't do it. Not enough engine clearance
-Repair small raidator leak at lower hose connection and overflow bib
-New K&N air filter element
-New Valve Cover gasket
-Re-bleed brakes as they are still a little squishy
-Replace cowl/winshield gasket
-R/R Front wheel bearings and repack/repair locking hubs
-Repair the hardtop rear liftgate hatch from rust damage
-Build a rear bumper/tire carrier
-Add Degree shims for front and rear to get proper driveline angles back
-Possibly add CV D/S
-Replace P/S pump
-Replace Water Pump DONE, along with entire cooling system!
-Junk Yard TBI
-Sliders with Steps DONE!
-Find Matching Wheel for Spare

Unread 09-17-2010, 03:38 PM   #35
danheit
1979 CJ7 

Pics!!!

Unread 02-14-2011, 07:54 AM   #36
Narwhal
1983 CJ7 

Looking good. Do you have any closeups of how those rear flares mounted, I'm thinking of using those to open up the wheel wells a little.

The Unicorn of the Sea
Narwhal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-28-2012, 08:54 AM   #37
danheit
1979 CJ7 

Wow, been a LONG time since I did anything in this thread. Since the last post, the Jeep has been on the road for a year as my DD, as well as I have moved to a different town, and have made many upgrades and downgrades. The wife won't let me play with my new to me purchases from yesterday just yet, so no pics as of this moment, but I will update later today.

Unread 02-01-2012, 01:37 PM   #38
danheit
1979 CJ7 

So slight timeline update:

As I stated earlier, I moved. This meant getting the Jeep ready enough to drive 2 hours to the new house. Bandaided the trans about 2 years ago now, and although it needs synchros, otherwise we are still running strong. Just have to find that sweet spot to get it into 3rd and 4th without scraping. Last May, I trailered the Jeep down to Jeepbeach in Daytona, ran the course several times and the Jeep did amazing, as usual. Decided to show off a little and....

Needed a bit more ground clearance. Pretzeled my skid plate, pushed the motor through the radiator, bent the grill fenders and tub floor all up, and ended up being very glad I brought a trailer, cause there was no way the Jeep was moving off the course under it's own power after this.

New radiator and skid plate and a BFH later, all is back together and running and driving. Sold my other CJ, sold my Bronco, and am now using my Blue CJ for DD duties and putting around town. My work provides me a vehicle, so I don't have to put a ton of miles on the Jeep, but it gets used when I need to run to the store or just clear my head.

Spent the past few months working on this, working on that, and not showing the CJ very much love, but I did at least get the hardtop on for "winter weather" (yeah, it's 72 today). Drove 6hrs last week round trip to find a new hardtop liftgate, as I wasn't satisfied with how the repairs I made to mine were holding up. Found one in Charleston, SC for $100. Done and done. When I got there, ended up findint that the seller was a member of this forum (Sail), and found all kinds of other goodies he was wanting to part ways with. $50 later, I had my trunk loaded up with a new hardtop hatch, a TDK skidplate, and a Scuba oxygen tank (which will later be used for OBA). Got home, started installing, found the liftgate to be tweaked, but no biggie, I am still happy with the purchase. Yesterday, I half way slapped the skid plate on, but couldn't get one of the bolts back into the tranny mount, so I just left it off. Today, I decided that I couldn't do that, so off the skid plate came, and I worked and worked and worked with the bolt and the damaged threads in the hole, but ultimately, I had to "create" a new thread pattern. I would have loved to have gone to get my thread chaser, but it is buried under two more projects that I have going on in the garage, and that just wasn't happening. The bolt got cross threaded in nice and tight, bolted everything back on nice and tight, and am EXTREMELY happy with how the skid plate mounts up. Now, on to my list of what needs done:

Still need to replace the front ball joints and wheel bearings and tie rod ends for general maint's. sake
Get a front end alignment
Change fluids all the way around
R/R valve cover gasket leak
Fix minor exhaust leak
Re-tune carb or begin junk yard EFI swap
adjust rear driveshaft angle - good vib's. at 45 or so and the angles are WAY off. Couldn't find my angle finder, but visually, the T-case is pointing nearly straight out, and the rear axle is pointing directly at the t-case if not a little above it. Great for a CV setup, but I don't have that.
Already swapped out my tires, so that one gets a check
Jeep still needs paint
Gas gauge isn't working......again, so gotta fix that.
Eventually find a new set of seats. My bestop trail max's have seen better days.
Would like to install 3-point belts for the front, maybe a 4-point for the rear passengers (my kids).
That's about it. I know it sounds like a big list, but really isn't that bad in retrospect. I will try to get some more pics soon of how she sits now.

Unread 02-01-2012, 04:04 PM   #39
bigjoe
1977 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by danheit View Post
Pics!!!

I don't think those seats and tires are gonna fit on that pink Jeep you have there.

I kid, I kid. looking good. Keep at it.

77' CJ-7 83' Chevy K10
bigjoe is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2012, 11:46 AM   #40
sail78385
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Dang bro defiantely need better seats than that. Ive got some Camo Factory Jeep TJ Willys Edition Seats if youre interested in another trip.
Unread 02-02-2012, 12:10 PM   #41
Altimeter
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sail78385 View Post
Dang bro defiantely need better seats than that. Ive got some Camo Factory Jeep TJ Willys Edition Seats if youre interested in another trip.
If he doesnt want them, i call dibs.
Altimeter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-03-2012, 06:23 AM   #42
sail78385
2004 LJ Wrangler 

first one to Charleston wins lol. Ive got a video of them on youtube. Search for "thesail78385" on youtube -check em out

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.