good way to get rid of external voltage regulator? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > good way to get rid of external voltage regulator?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 07-22-2013, 04:20 AM   #1
raser13
1980 CJ5 

good way to get rid of external voltage regulator?

hey guys, my 77 cj5 w/304 has an alternator with an external voltage regulator. is there a way to swap out the alt with a newer one with a self contained regulator? i'm hoping for something that will bolt up to my bracket. the rewire isn't that big of a deal that i can do. i just need to know what year to ask for at the parts store so i can get one . thanks

raser13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-22-2013, 07:28 AM   #2
texasdave

1980 CJ7 

There is a butt load of options. got to Tom "ol jeep" Collins website and they have an entire section dedicated to alternator swaps. I just got a 90 amp alternator from O'Reileys it was for a 79 FSJ wagoneer but the brackets and hard ware match up with no problems you may have to change the pulley to match yours.
texasdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-23-2013, 01:35 AM   #3
raser13
1980 CJ5 

thanks for the info.
raser13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.