Is this is a good deal? 1983 Jeep CJ7 - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Is this is a good deal? 1983 Jeep CJ7

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 11-09-2012, 05:01 PM   #76
matthewleeblair
1983 CJ7 

matthewleeblair is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-10-2012, 12:46 PM   #77
Ken4444
Corripe Cervisiam

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewleeblair
... the blinkers do not work. I guess I'll have to track down the fuse and check that...!
a very, very common problem. you may need to perform work in many areas, but in my experience you should do the following...

change bulbs

replace blinker module (relay)

clean bulb mounting bases. use sandpaper if corroded. use dielectric grease if needed.

the brake light and turn signal light housings have connectors just downstream from them. pull those apart and remove corrosuon.

replace fuses

my fuse block had light corrosion. i used an old fuse and worked it in and out to grind it off. i may have used electrical contact cleaner on it w battery disconnected. or use dielectric grease to pick up the debris and wipe it away.
Unread 11-10-2012, 04:02 PM   #78
matthewleeblair
1983 CJ7 

Well... I was just looking at things under the dash today, before I read your reply, and after fooling around down there (didn't change anything out, just checked some connections) the blinkers work haha. Who knows?

Thanks for the tips though!
Unread 11-10-2012, 04:52 PM   #79
Ken4444
Corripe Cervisiam

1985 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewleeblair View Post
Well... I was just looking at things under the dash today, before I read your reply, and after fooling around down there (didn't change anything out, just checked some connections) the blinkers work haha. Who knows?

Thanks for the tips though!
Glad it's working! Be prepared for it to stop working at any time until you find the problem.
Unread 11-13-2012, 07:04 PM   #80
papa355
1977 CJ7 

blinker fluid low ?

"I wouldn't have road rage, If you knew how to drive...."
papa355 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-13-2012, 10:47 PM   #81
matthewleeblair
1983 CJ7 

Hahaha... I knew I was forgetting something lol.

Tags
cj7

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.