GM fuel fittings - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > GM fuel fittings

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippMagnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High Clearan

Unread 09-13-2011, 03:31 PM   #1
SleeperCJ
1983 CJ7 

GM fuel fittings

Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but I have found my fellow CJ 'ers to be a wealth of knowledge. I am in the final stages of my LS1 swap and I am stuck trying to find the right fuel line fittings to fit between my fuel filter and fuel rail to my soft fuel line.

I will post a picture tonight of what I am talking about but it appears that most late model GM cars and trucks use these to snap fuel line components together. What I need is a short hard line piece that is flared on one side to snap into these fittings and the other to simply slide inside a soft line. If you have seen these before you will k ow what I am talking about. If it helps the filter is a c5 corvette filter that I am using for it's built in regulator and return line.

SleeperCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-13-2011, 06:41 PM   #2
dechlin
1980 CJ7 

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RNB-800-120/ Something like this i think is what your asking about. But will a rubber fuel line with hose clamps be able to hold up to the 60 psi or fuel pressure that engine runs at?
dechlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-14-2011, 10:13 AM   #3
SleeperCJ
1983 CJ7 

I already got that part, now I need to find the male fittings. I think I am on the right path. As for the rubber hose, you have to use high pressure fuel injection hose. I think it is rated to like 150-200 psi. It is dot, epa, and carb approved.
Unread 09-18-2011, 09:00 PM   #4
SleeperCJ
1983 CJ7 

So I got the female fittings that I need but the only male fittings available are AN fittings. I think I am going to use the Russell 610023 straight fittings. Has anyone used these? Do the work with regular rubber fuel lines (I am using high pressure fuel injection line)?
Unread 09-28-2011, 07:59 PM   #5
SleeperCJ
1983 CJ7 

Thought I would follow up on this since it took me a while to figure it out. Dorman makes the barb male fittings and russell makes the AN fittings that I had to use with the existing female fittings.

Russel PN:
640940 3/8 to 6 AN (for fuel supply lines
640930 5/16 to 6 AN (for evap line)
img_0244.jpg   img_0245.jpg  

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.