Glove box bumper length - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Glove box bumper length

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-29-2013, 01:56 PM   #1
mdlott
1978 CJ7 

Glove box bumper length

I'm finally getting a chance to put all the miscellaneous parts back in my CJ7 and am now working on the glove box. I have everything ready to go but I'm missing the bumpers for the glove box. I saw the thread with the links to willysoverland and that the 2008 ford f-15 gas door has the same size, but I'm going to try and find them at a local hardware store. I can easily measure the holes that they push in to, but I need to know how far they stick out from the dash so that I can get the correct set. If anyone is able to give me a quick measurement, I'd appreciate it.

-Mike

mdlott is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 02:15 PM   #2
WindKnot
Web Wheeler

1977 CJ7 

Mine came from the hardware store. They are just a shade under 1/2 inch tall. (15/32"). They are conical and made from rubber. They compress just a tad when the box is closed so that there is no vibration noise from the box. And they are STOOOOOPID cheap compared to what they want at a dealership.

Phoenix Rising- A Flame Off Restoration? http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/ph...ation-1807257/
WindKnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2013, 02:16 PM   #3
LumpyGrits
1985 CJ7 

Take a piece of clay and stick it where the pads go.
Close the door and then open(coat inside of door with no-stick spray). That's about what thickness you want.
LG
Unread 08-29-2013, 02:18 PM   #4
mdlott
1978 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindKnot View Post
Mine came from the hardware store. They are just a shade under 1/2 inch tall. (15/32"). They are conical and made from rubber. They compress just a tad when the box is closed so that there is no vibration noise from the box. And they are STOOOOOPID cheap compared to what they want at a dealership.
Thanks WindKnot! That's exactly what I needed.
mdlott is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.