getting my mc2100 carb worked on... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > getting my mc2100 carb worked on...

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-23-2006, 12:11 PM   #1
ttrem
1986 CJ7 

getting my mc2100 carb worked on...

I am thinking of taking my Jeep to a shop to get my carb tweaked, been getting alot of gas smells when I accelerate and rough running on startup and idle. So I figured this is something I need to have done. My question is do you think 200-240 is a resonable price for working on it? Its a place my local Jeep Shop reccommended since they dont do carbs. But that price seemed a little high.

Incase you didnt see it in the title its a Motorcraft 2100 carb.

Thanks for the input.

Unread 01-23-2006, 05:50 PM   #2
CJ-USA

A little??? They better give you two new ones for that price. There is nothing to them. I did the carb upgrade on mine and a buddy of mine. I rebuilt his and bought mine new. Paid $120 from advance.There's nothing to those carbs. I think if i where you I would try to get it back! Thats just my 2 cents.
Jason
Unread 01-23-2006, 06:43 PM   #3
ttrem
1986 CJ7 

luckily I only called them and got a estimate, once they gave the price i thought it was high. Thats why I asked.
Unread 01-24-2006, 06:31 AM   #4
Tom in PA

Mc 2100

There's a guy on Ebay who has an excellent reputation for rebuilding those carbs. He gets about $140 for one.

The MC 2100 IS AN EXCELLENT CARBURETOR.

The gas smell is likely a leaky power valve... it will also cause the rough starting, rough idling, poor acceleration characteristics, etc.

Tom
Tom in PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2006, 05:24 PM   #5
MR.CJ-7

Easy to rebuild. Kits are cheap($20-30). I say tear into it, if it goes bad then worst case scenario, take the carb to a shop and let them finish it. Unless you don't want to mess with it then take it in(I've done that before). You should be able to find someone to rebuild it for less than $100

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.