Gaucho part II - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Gaucho part II

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 10-09-2010, 06:51 PM   #121
cableguy01960
1999 TJ Wrangler 

nice to see some action in this thread i can't wait to the first action shot with a little mud on it.

cableguy01960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2010, 01:27 PM   #122
DevilDragon
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Monte, you said the 12.5" tires would rub under any flexing, and since I just finished reading both threads.. iirc he does still have the molds so maybe he could make a new flare for the tub to cover the wider tires. Granted I don't know how the body lines would change with the wider flares. not to volunteer you for something jeff,
DevilDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2010, 02:01 PM   #123
jscherb
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDragon View Post
Monte, you said the 12.5" tires would rub under any flexing, and since I just finished reading both threads.. iirc he does still have the molds so maybe he could make a new flare for the tub to cover the wider tires. Granted I don't know how the body lines would change with the wider flares. not to volunteer you for something jeff,
I'll be happy to sell the fender mold and the original mold master fender, I don't have any plans to make any more of these fenders for myself...

Visit my Jeep Projects site for info on my custom Jeep projects:
  • Retro Wrangler pickup
  • Gaucho CJ pickup
  • Safari Cab custom modular hardtop
  • Fiberglass Jeep-tub trailer kit
  • CJ Grille Conversion Kit for the TJ/LJ
  • Fiberglass Military Replica Trailer Kit
jscherb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2010, 05:38 PM   #124
monte jeep
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDragon View Post
Before I start doing any modifying, I'm going to see how a 10.50" tire will fit. With the 12.50", besides the wheel well, it is also super close to the bed. An option for this would be to build a wheel well inside the bed (like most pickups have), but that would lose the clean bed sides. I'm really leaning towards 10.50s but have to wait to see that on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscherb View Post
I'll be happy to sell the fender mold and the original mold master fender, I don't have any plans to make any more of these fenders for myself...
Jeff, if you want to sell them, I am definitely interested. They would be good to have just in case something ever did happened to the ones that are on. Send me a pm about it.

A couple threads ago I said that I was changing the suspension on my YJ, and those springs and shackles are going to Gaucho. The parts for the swap just arrived. I got new shackles for the YJ, u-bolts for both Jeeps, front shackle hangers to fit YJ springs on Gaucho, and black poly bushings for the suspension and body mounts (didn't like the yellow ones). Hopefully I'll be getting this done this week or next week. We'll see.
Unread 01-04-2011, 02:48 PM   #125
Petescj
1978 CJ5 

hmmm. update???
Petescj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2011, 06:22 PM   #126
theducksguts
2000 XJ Cherokee 

x2

Is this thing going anywhere?

Check out my Classifieds
theducksguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-04-2011, 06:39 PM   #127
austinaubinoe
2000 XJ Cherokee 

wanted to add that IMO you should drop a AMC 401 out of a 70's FSJ. I have a '91 waggy with a 360, and that thing is more reliable then my dads 2000 TJ with a 4 banger.
austinaubinoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2011, 11:57 AM   #128
monte jeep
1989 YJ Wrangler 

I'm going to have to be honest. I'm embarrassed to say I haven't done anything. I have parts sitting there, but I just haven't been able to get to it. Hopefully I'll get to do things soon, but I can't make promises. But when I do, you will be the first to know. Sorry for the agonizing wait. (Its killing me too)
Unread 01-05-2011, 12:21 PM   #129
XJAbuzer
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by monte jeep View Post
I'm going to have to be honest. I'm embarrassed to say I haven't done anything. I have parts sitting there, but I just haven't been able to get to it. Hopefully I'll get to do things soon, but I can't make promises. But when I do, you will be the first to know. Sorry for the agonizing wait. (Its killing me too)

Dont be embarassed. It can be difficult to find the time to complete a project like this when you work a full time job. Just as long as we are updated when progress does move along, I will be happy.

My Youtube Channel

1979 CJ-5 304 V-8, T-150 3 speed, Dana 20, Dana 30 front, AMC 20 rear, Sold

Anyways, I wanna go wheelin'!
XJAbuzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2011, 02:16 PM   #130
monte jeep
1989 YJ Wrangler 

Updates will be posted, I can promise that much.
Unread 01-05-2011, 02:21 PM   #131
theducksguts
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by monte jeep View Post
Thanks for being honest. Looking forward to a finished Gaucho

Check out my Classifieds
theducksguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2011, 03:00 PM   #132
KevLaredo
1997 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJAbuzer View Post
Dont be embarassed. It can be difficult to find the time to complete a project like this when you work a full time job. Just as long as we are updated when progress does move along, I will be happy.
My thoughts exactly. We appreciate you keeping us posted. No pressure at all!
Unread 01-06-2011, 03:54 PM   #133
cheese_man
1977 CJ7 

only factory AMC paint will be accepted !

look for the factory full size pick-up paint colours of that period
cheese_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2011, 02:02 PM   #134
derfballs
1986 CJ7 

Monte, assuming you are still in Jersey, let me know if you ever need anything fabbed up or just some plain old help. I own a machine shop in Springfield that might come in handy for you. I have been in the process of restoring my CJ7 over the past two years. Not trying to sell you anything, I love doing this stuff so if you ever needed anything fabbed I would donate my time and that of my machines gladly. I'm at a standstill with my project so would love to help someone else's move along. Thought I would make the offer... same goes for anyone else in the Jersey area.
derfballs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2011, 02:24 PM   #135
SKT
1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by derfballs View Post

...let me know if you ever need anything fabbed up or just some plain old help.

I own a machine shop in Springfield that might come in handy for you.

...I love doing this stuff so if you ever needed anything fabbed I would donate my time and that of my machines gladly.

Thought I would make the offer... same goes for anyone else in the Jersey area.
Wow, what a generous offer, and a true display of the great people we still have in this hobby!

to you!

Click here to see thousands of 'Abandoned and Neglected' Jeeps rotting away...
SKT is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.