gas tank problem..vent line? no idle stalling.. gas cap - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > gas tank problem..vent line? no idle stalling.. gas cap

New jk doors from steinjagerEliminate Hood Flutter!!!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 05-07-2010, 01:36 PM   #1
Brg0012
1983 CJ7 

gas tank problem..vent line? no idle stalling.. gas cap

alright so i have a 1983 cj 7 4.2 liter. It had been acting really funny where it would run great for a while and then it would just not idle at all or it would idle but the second you gave it any gas it would not idle. i have the carter bbd carb i recently rebuild it, replaced the fuel pump,fuel filter,ignition control module,new plugs new wires. I posted a similar problem recently and a JF member said to trying running it with out the gas cap on. I tried it and it fixed the problem its still running a little rough but it is idling. So my question is how do i fix this problem? Is there a vent to the gas tank that could be blocked? Any help would be greatly appreciated

Brg0012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2010, 10:09 PM   #2
wrongway92407

1986 CJ7 

I think the tank vents through the charcoal canister, you could also have a vacuum leak in the canister, try pinching off the vacuum line on the canister see if that helps, also your canister filter could be caked with mud and debris.

Dave
86 CJ7 2.5 detroits, OBA 4.56, air tank bumpers, w/D rings,9500I warn 31x10.5x15, Trxus
86 CJ7 bone stock, w/factory 44 never seen the dirt soon to be for sale
87 Wrangler also never seen the dirt.
wrongway92407 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carb , gas , idle

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.