Gas in the oil? What causes this? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Gas in the oil? What causes this?

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Wrangler Bushwacker Flat Fender Flare Sale at BaselinGear Installs at CCOR Special

Unread 04-21-2013, 06:40 PM   #16
jblue1555
1979 CJ7 

Be very careful as long as you have gasoline vapor you have a bomb. Do not cause an arch to ignite them. I was a witness to this and it is not something you want to be close to. Open the engine and let it breath as long as possible to let the gas evaporate.

jblue1555 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-21-2013, 09:52 PM   #17
CJ7KAHUNA

1985 CJ7 

Well it looks like the fuel pump fixed his problem. He changed out the pump and changed the oil - took it out for a drive and it held oil pressure. He took it out for second test run and still good to go. The gas odor is barely present and is probably residual. Thanks to everyone that chipped in.

He still needs to address the air/fuel mixture issue. He will tackle that when he gets some time off. On that note - I know the MC2100 was a massive upgrade for my 85 CJ. Can he do the MC2100 ugrade if he's running a one barrel carb? Would he have to change out the intake manifold to do it? Would it be worth it? Is there known upgrade for the one barrel carb on that motor that is similar to the improvement the MC2100 is over the BBD?
CJ7KAHUNA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-22-2013, 02:08 AM   #18
John Strenk

1976 CJ5 

I think any new carb is upgrade no matter if its another YF or a 2 bbl Weber with a 2 to 1 adapter.

I bet you would not notice any difference if they were both new.

Anyway, the only options would be a weber or a new YF. You could get a YF off a Ford 300. Those were big as far as 1 barrels go.
If you go Weber, buy the air cleaner adapter as well and don't use the anemic air cleaner that comes with it.

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum
John Strenk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.