Gas Monkey Garage (Richard Rawlings+ Dennis Collins) = Collins Brothers - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Gas Monkey Garage (Richard Rawlings+ Dennis Collins) = Collins Brothers

Savvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 04-04-2013, 11:20 AM   #61
FLATFENDER54
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit77 View Post
I feel bad for anyone who buys these cars.... he is just as bad as shady car dealer.
Luckily everything on TV is scripted, except COPS.
He has rolled out some very nice cars. Why do you feel so bad?

FLATFENDER54 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 11:58 AM   #62
hutch1200
Web Wheeler

1979 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit77 View Post
I feel bad for anyone who buys these cars.... he is just as bad as shady car dealer.
Luckily everything on TV is scripted, except COPS.
You watch that too? I just check it out to see if I know anybody. I did once. A kid from Scranton got busted in Jersey city. The town scumbag made the TVs!
Unread 04-04-2013, 12:50 PM   #63
hasselback
Sophisticated Red Neck

1984 CJ7 

I saw two episodes where Gas Monkey built an old Ford Bronco and sold it for 50K! I'd love to see them build and sell a CJ!
hasselback is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 01:00 PM   #64
MoC
1986 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasselback
I saw two episodes where Gas Monkey built an old Ford Bronco and sold it for 50K! I'd love to see them build and sell a CJ!
I was wondering with as much as Denis has been showing up on the show if they were considering a spin off show with him building jeeps.
Unread 04-04-2013, 01:44 PM   #65
stamp32
1983 CJ7 

The guy that bought the Bronco commissioned them to build it. He started Twin Peaks (a hooters spinoff in the Dallas area, I actually like it better), that's why the Bronco had a Lumberjack theme.

During the initial test drive of the Bronco, where Richard usually dogs on the rides, he tore both axles out from underneath it. They had one of the big Bronco guys in the Dallas area rebuild them.

I actually like the show. Richard is obviously over the top but I think Aaron is a very talented builder.

As for Dennis and Collins Brothers, he gets a bad rap for his prices because he knows that he has product that people want and need therefore he charges for them. I think most of the people that are bitter with Collins Bros are the ones that have wanted something they have had but didnt want to fork over the money. No one that really knows jeeps probably wouldn't buy one of his jeeps so that's why he doesn't advertise and forums like this. He goes after the people that don't want to turn a wrench but has the money to buy one done. Plus he does in house financing. May seem shady to some but I see it as he has found a niche that has turned into a large financial gain for him.

-Chris
stamp32 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 01:45 PM   #66
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

speaking of jeep shows, am i the only one who was totally pissed when "one car too far" got canned.

great show. aired shortly after i purchased my first jeep.

stratton.
STRATTON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 01:54 PM   #67
Renegade82
Web Wheeler

1982 CJ7 

Yep, your the only one. I can almost guarantee it.
Renegade82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 02:32 PM   #68
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade82 View Post
x2. That show was terrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 02:57 PM   #69
slipjoint
1981 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2 View Post
So when a rich person buys a rare classic car, it somehow ruins it for normal folk?

(BTW, I haven't seen a Chevette roll across the stage there, typically they sell rare classics and antiques.)

If you are rich and want to buy a classic car, good for you. Should rich people not enjoy their hobby because it may effect YOUR ability to buy something at some point in the future?

As far as we know it is a normal person who owns the car being sold and that money will change their life for the better.....

Free market....I love it.
I agree with you - i don't understand the Barrette Jackson bashers - I already have my tickets bought for the new Reno Barrette Jackson action during Hot Aug. nights in Reno this year. I hope Reno works out for them.
slipjoint is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 03:17 PM   #70
row684
1984 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573

x2. That show was terrible.
Terrible doesn't begin to cover it. The "professional driver" was a joke!
row684 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 05:21 PM   #71
VACJ7
Hockey Rules!

1984 CJ7 

I like Fast and Loud for what it is, entertainment. Plus they get some cool cars! I am gonna send Richard an email and see if they will come pickup my rolling chassis and return a completed CJ.
Unread 04-04-2013, 05:24 PM   #72
STRATTON
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade82 View Post
It was just a entertaning show about two guys driving a jeep

Stratton.
STRATTON is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 05:31 PM   #73
larock
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg
everytime i see richard loose money it makes me happy, he screws the seller and then turn around and screws the buyer
He's a shrewd business man which is what you need to make a profit. I know I don't like sharing and I know I also stole my jeep from some guy who was in a need for money and I have no regrets.
larock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-04-2013, 05:37 PM   #74
Pacfanweb
Go Wolfpack

1981 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
well he got that one guy on the 66 corvette, talk him down and then sold it hours later at mega profit
So what's the problem? Buy low, sell high. That's not ripping anyone off. That's business. Nobody is forced to sell to anyone, or buy anything from anyone.
Unread 04-04-2013, 05:50 PM   #75
kappa505
1980 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pacfanweb

So what's the problem? Buy low, sell high. That's not ripping anyone off. That's business. Nobody is forced to sell to anyone, or buy anything from anyone.
You are now forced to by health insurance.
"Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." Supposedly President Coolidge
kappa505 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.