Gas Monkey Garage (Richard Rawlings+ Dennis Collins) = Collins Brothers - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Gas Monkey Garage (Richard Rawlings+ Dennis Collins) = Collins Brothers

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 04-03-2013, 10:10 AM   #1
BubbaK
1983 CJ7 

Gas Monkey Garage (Richard Rawlings+ Dennis Collins) = Collins Brothers

Did anyone else notice?

image-145083335.jpg

image-1043038632.jpg

So, I'm watching my fav show Fast n Loud (Discovery) the other night. And as you may or may not know, the show's main personality Richard Rawlings is in the biz if buying, suping up, and selling classic autos. Well, this weeks show involves Richard getting his hands on a Ferrari F-40 that's just a little too sweet for his blood.

In walks, best friend and confidant, Dennis Collins, who frequently stops by the Gas Monkey Garage to lend a hand and a check book for the half-million dollar Ferrari deal.

That's when I saw it. The Collins Bros. Jeep shirt. The money. The buying and flipping classic autos. Dennis is the owner of part owner of CB JEEPS!!

But what I can't figure out is, why in the hell does it seem like Richard usually takes a beating on his cars and his best friend is down the road raping ppl on prices at CB Jeeps? It's probably just for TV, but I don't know. Also, has anyone noticed that half of CB Jeep's lot is posted on eBay? Maybe this Ferrarri deal went south and homeboy is in need of some cash fast?? Discuss amongst yourselves... I'm verclempt!!.

'83 CJ-7_258 I-6_T-4_D300_AMC20/D30_Bone Stock

BubbaK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2013, 10:13 AM   #2
brownbagg
1930 MK Compass 

everytime i see richard loose money it makes me happy, he screws the seller and then turn around and screws the buyer
brownbagg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2013, 10:15 AM   #3
BubbaK
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg
everytime i see richard loose money it makes me happy, he screws the seller and then turn around and screws the buyer
I know! Right?

Unread 04-03-2013, 10:18 AM   #4
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
That's the business. I guess every rebuild shop in the country is evil. I don't think he really screws anybody selling. Buyers know what's been done and don't have to buy it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2013, 10:18 AM   #5
FLATFENDER54
2001 TJ Wrangler 

They have known each other for a long time. They actually won the illegal Cannon Ball race together in one of his Ferrari's. They ran the best time ever. Richard has the time tattooed on his arm. Anyways..... I like the show also. I hope the new giant shop he just moved into wont be his downfall.
FLATFENDER54 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2013, 10:20 AM   #6
FLATFENDER54
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I never saw him hold a gun to anyones head or twist their arm???? I think he pays a very fair price and sometimes I think he overpays.
FLATFENDER54 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2013, 10:26 AM   #7
brownbagg
1930 MK Compass 

well he got that one guy on the 66 corvette, talk him down and then sold it hours later at mega profit
brownbagg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2013, 10:27 AM   #8
sjones26573
Au revoir, gopher.

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
well he got that one guy on the 66 corvette, talk him down and then sold it hours later at mega profit
That's one car and the sellers fault for not saying no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2013, 10:34 AM   #9
walkerhoundvm
1981 CJ8 

Capitalism - love it or move to Europe.
walkerhoundvm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2013, 10:34 AM   #10
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

Flipping vehicles is what keeps him and others in business. Heck, we all do it with selling and buying car parts, computers, lawn mowers, motorcycles and so on. It's the nature of the beast and how businesses stay open and pay their employees.
I know CB has some inflated prices on Jeep parts, but remember that they usually have top quality parts that somebody needs. Supply and demand is what it boils down to.
I for one love Fast and Loud and I hope the new shop works out for Richard.
PROJECT 23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2013, 10:38 AM   #11
mastercraftka
Web Wheeler

1984 CJ7 

I did see that episode and new I had heard of Collins Brothers somewhere before. What does CB jeeps do? refurb and sell old jeeps?
1981 CJ 7
mastercraftka is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2013, 10:39 AM   #12
PROJECT 23
1985 CJ7 

Heck, I'm doing the same thing right now with parts listed in the classified section and on Craigslist. My prices are reasonable and I will make very little after paying for shipping. It keeps parts and money flowing so I can go onto my next purchase.
PROJECT 23 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-03-2013, 10:39 AM   #13
BubbaK
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg
And he sure does get rocked at the auction block.

Unread 04-03-2013, 10:41 AM   #14
BubbaK
1983 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastercraftka
I did see that episode and new I had heard of Collins Brothers somewhere before. What does CB jeeps do? refurb and sell old jeeps?
Yes. They usually buy nice used Jeeps and add a few thousand on parts and flip them for exponential prices.

Unread 04-03-2013, 10:42 AM   #15
Kraxen
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I think hes fair. Like others have said, Most of the time he over pays and loses money.

You have to take in to consideration the business hes in. Of course hes going to try to get whatever he buys for the cheapest price he can and flip it for as much as he can. He has more expensive over head from the bigger shop now. He has his employees he has to pay and the parts they use, etc.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.