JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Jeep CJ Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/)
-   -   Gas Monkey Garage (Richard Rawlings+ Dennis Collins) = Collins Brothers (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f8/gas-monkey-garage-richard-rawlings-dennis-collins-collins-brothers-1503406/)

FLATFENDER54 04-04-2013 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misfit77 (Post 15245393)
I feel bad for anyone who buys these cars.... he is just as bad as shady car dealer.
Luckily everything on TV is scripted, except COPS.

He has rolled out some very nice cars. Why do you feel so bad?

hutch1200 04-04-2013 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misfit77 (Post 15245393)
I feel bad for anyone who buys these cars.... he is just as bad as shady car dealer.
Luckily everything on TV is scripted, except COPS.

You watch that too? I just check it out to see if I know anybody. I did once. A kid from Scranton got busted in Jersey city. The town scumbag made the TVs! :nono:

hasselback 04-04-2013 12:50 PM

I saw two episodes where Gas Monkey built an old Ford Bronco and sold it for 50K! I'd love to see them build and sell a CJ!

MoC 04-04-2013 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hasselback
I saw two episodes where Gas Monkey built an old Ford Bronco and sold it for 50K! I'd love to see them build and sell a CJ!

I was wondering with as much as Denis has been showing up on the show if they were considering a spin off show with him building jeeps.

stamp32 04-04-2013 01:44 PM

The guy that bought the Bronco commissioned them to build it. He started Twin Peaks (a hooters spinoff in the Dallas area, I actually like it better), that's why the Bronco had a Lumberjack theme.

During the initial test drive of the Bronco, where Richard usually dogs on the rides, he tore both axles out from underneath it. They had one of the big Bronco guys in the Dallas area rebuild them.

I actually like the show. Richard is obviously over the top but I think Aaron is a very talented builder.

As for Dennis and Collins Brothers, he gets a bad rap for his prices because he knows that he has product that people want and need therefore he charges for them. I think most of the people that are bitter with Collins Bros are the ones that have wanted something they have had but didnt want to fork over the money. No one that really knows jeeps probably wouldn't buy one of his jeeps so that's why he doesn't advertise and forums like this. He goes after the people that don't want to turn a wrench but has the money to buy one done. Plus he does in house financing. May seem shady to some but I see it as he has found a niche that has turned into a large financial gain for him.

-Chris

STRATTON 04-04-2013 01:45 PM

speaking of jeep shows, am i the only one who was totally pissed when "one car too far" got canned.

great show. aired shortly after i purchased my first jeep.

stratton.

Renegade82 04-04-2013 01:54 PM

Yep, your the only one. I can almost guarantee it.

sjones26573 04-04-2013 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renegade82 (Post 15246475)

x2. That show was terrible.

slipjoint 04-04-2013 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by texan2 (Post 15240969)
So when a rich person buys a rare classic car, it somehow ruins it for normal folk? :confused:

(BTW, I haven't seen a Chevette roll across the stage there, typically they sell rare classics and antiques.)

If you are rich and want to buy a classic car, good for you. Should rich people not enjoy their hobby because it may effect YOUR ability to buy something at some point in the future?

As far as we know it is a normal person who owns the car being sold and that money will change their life for the better.....

Free market....I love it.

I agree with you - i don't understand the Barrette Jackson bashers - I already have my tickets bought for the new Reno Barrette Jackson action during Hot Aug. nights in Reno this year. I hope Reno works out for them.

row684 04-04-2013 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjones26573

x2. That show was terrible.

Terrible doesn't begin to cover it. The "professional driver" was a joke!

VACJ7 04-04-2013 05:21 PM

I like Fast and Loud for what it is, entertainment. Plus they get some cool cars! I am gonna send Richard an email and see if they will come pickup my rolling chassis and return a completed CJ.

STRATTON 04-04-2013 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Renegade82 (Post 15246475)

It was just a entertaning show about two guys driving a jeep :confused:

Stratton.

larock 04-04-2013 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brownbagg
everytime i see richard loose money it makes me happy, he screws the seller and then turn around and screws the buyer

He's a shrewd business man which is what you need to make a profit. I know I don't like sharing and I know I also stole my jeep from some guy who was in a need for money and I have no regrets.

Pacfanweb 04-04-2013 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brownbagg (Post 15239631)
well he got that one guy on the 66 corvette, talk him down and then sold it hours later at mega profit

So what's the problem? Buy low, sell high. That's not ripping anyone off. That's business. Nobody is forced to sell to anyone, or buy anything from anyone.

kappa505 04-04-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pacfanweb

So what's the problem? Buy low, sell high. That's not ripping anyone off. That's business. Nobody is forced to sell to anyone, or buy anything from anyone.

You are now forced to by health insurance.

The time now is 09:05 PM.