Gas check valve and anti roll over valve ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep CJ Forum > Gas check valve and anti roll over valve ?

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 10-10-2006, 04:24 PM   #1
NCHornet

Gas check valve and anti roll over valve ?

I finally got the body Free on our 1977 CJ5, at least I thought it was free until I noticed two fuel lines running up into the drivers rear quarter panel. According to Chiltons these are the gas check valve and roll over valve. My question is how robust are these valves and is it a good idea to change them? They look pretty corroded from the outside. Are these a dealer item or something I can get at a local auto parts place? Thanks for the help.
Kevin/TJ

16 year old son and I [/COLOR]

[URL="http://community.webshots.com/photo/2852549530062001545LlpPyR"]http://community.webshots.com/photo/2852549530062001545LlpPyR[/URL]
NCHornet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-10-2006, 06:18 PM   #2
Bard
1985 CJ7 

I have never replaced them and as long as you can blow through the tube and get no resistance or appear to be operational, the vapors are going through it and I would go with they are good. I have a couple of CJ7's in my back field and can check them if you need them.
85' CJ7 Laredo, 383 GM, Turbo 350, NP 203. SOA, 2" frame lift, 34" TSL swampers, Dana 30 open, AMC 20 w/ detroit locker, 4:10's, 1 Piece Mosers, 35" boggers to abuse when needed.
Bard is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.